We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to Add Syncfusion Extension for build UWP app in release mode

Hi,
I am using a trail version of Syncfusion controls, I added SfChar,SfDataGrid in my UWP app by adding "Syncfusion Controls for UWP Xmal" to my Project Reference folder.
It's working fine in Debug Mode, But when i am trying to run my app in "Release Mode" it is taking lot of time(more than 20min) to build and deploy,but finally it is failing shows two errors. Is this huge time  is taking for build in Release mode because of adding all controls extension once??

Now my question is How to add needed .dll files to my project instead of adding whole reference.
I want to check whether my app is can succeed in "Windows store" when i publish it.Please kindly give me the solution.
*Am using Git repository for storing my code.
*There the build also failing when i push my changes into Branch.
Thanks in Advance
Regards.

Attachment: New_folder_(2)_702d7d7a.zip

7 Replies

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team April 11, 2017 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Murali, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

Query 
Response 
when I am trying to run my app in "Release Mode" to build and deploy, but finally it is failing shows two errors 
This issue may raise due to memory consumption while compiling across .Net native tool. While running the application with .Net native chain tool in Release mode, it will require more memory space to build the application. Because .NET Native tools are compiled IL libraries with managed code in native libraries. So we suggest you to add individual assemblies to avoid this issue. 

You can add assemblies individually from below location, 
Assembly Location: 
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \Assemblies for Universal Windows\[TargetFramework] 
 Ex: Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.41\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0 

Also you can find the list which contains assemblies and dependency assemblies of the control from below location. 

Is this huge time  is taking for build in Release mode because of adding all controls extension once?? 
Yes, "Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML" SDK contains more number of assemblies. So the project will take some time to compile the sample across .Net native tool in release mode. 

Regards, 
Durga S. 

MK MURALI KRISHNA April 12, 2017 05:01 AM UTC

Thanks for your reply, but I added the folder  named "Universal Windows" which contains all .DLL files of syncfusion in my project folder. I am adding needed references to my project by browsing this folder. But my app not running and shows XAML exception. when I added "Syncfusion Controls for UWP XAML" extension to my project. its working. But without adding this extension, controls are working in other machine of one of my colleague. I am unable to find this problem.

MS Marimuthu Sivalingam Syncfusion Team April 12, 2017 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Murali,

Thank you for your update.

We have checked the reported query "My app not running and shows XAML exception when adding assemblies". We suspect that your assemblies folder doesn't contain corresponding theme files and you may be added only assemblies to the reference folder. To resolve this issue please add the corresponding theme file's to your assemblies folder.

For example, if you referred SfShared assembly in your application, then the assembly folder should contains below files.
Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP[folder which contains theme files]
Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP.dll
Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP.pri
Syncfusion.SfShared.UWP[XMl document]

The above files can get from the below location.
Assembly location : Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\15.1.0.41\Assemblies for Universal Windows\10.0.

If the issue persists from your side, please get back to us with issue reproducible sample with replication steps. It will more help to proceed further.

Regards,
Marimuthu S.

DG Dano George October 24, 2019 05:46 AM UTC

Hello Murali,

Could you please resend the zip file you mentioned in the original post? I cannot open it. My project is rather similar, as I need to add separate .dll files too. I'm looking for the solutions that seem relevant to my project, but there's nothing more I can find so far. I tried to remove the extension "Syncfusion Controls for UWP Xaml" and add path to syncfusion libraries (suggested by Stackoverflow users with reference to this topic - Cannot compile release build of UWP for my app learning process projects), but it didn't help.

Dano

KP Kanniyappan Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team October 29, 2019 03:42 PM UTC

Hi Dano, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We checked your query, and anyone can access the attached files in the Syncfusion forum. Can you please provide information as to whether or not you are facing any problems while accessing the attached samples in the forum?, it would be help us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Kanniyappan P   

MT Mason Toye replied to Dano George January 29, 2020 03:55 PM UTC

Hello Murali,

Could you please resend the zip file you mentioned in the original post? I cannot open it. My project is rather similar, as I need to add separate .dll files too. I'm looking for the solutions that seem relevant to my project, but there's nothing more I can find so far. I tried to remove the extension "Syncfusion Controls for UWP Xaml" and add path to syncfusion libraries (suggested by Stackoverflow users with reference to this topic - Cannot compile release build of UWP for my app learning process projects), but it didn't help.

Dano

The reason for this is "Syncfusion controls". You need to remove the extension ""Syncfusion Controls for UWP Xaml" and add path to syncfusion libraries(which you use on your site).

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team January 30, 2020 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Dano, 

Please let us know whether the provided solution has resolved your query, if not please revert back to us. 

Regards, 
Niranjan Kumar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon