We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Get Selected Items of listview

i want to show the selected items of listview in a grid. all selected items should show on the home page. but i cant find a way to do so. i have attached the js file code and screenshot of the popup
Attachment: cmms_185e2588.rar

9 Replies

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team April 10, 2017 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Junaid, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

Yes, it is possible to show the selected items of the Listview in a Grid. For this, you have to use the mouseUp event of the Listview to take the selected items of the list and then give these selected items as the dataSource for the Grid control. 

We have also prepared a sample for your convenience below. 

If the shared details and sample do not meet your requirement, please give us more information to help us provide a solution.     

Regards,     
Arun P.     

JH Junaid Hassan Ashraf April 10, 2017 03:10 PM UTC

thanx for your answer. I also need to get the ID value of the selection. i have to show the selection in the grid, whose solution you have provided. but for Database storage i need the ID value of the selection... how can i get and bind the ID in the grid.??? 

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team April 11, 2017 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Junaid,   

Thanks for your update.   

To get the ID of the selected list, you have to get the ID attribute and take the ID and bind the ID field as one of the columns of the Grid control. This way, you can get the ID of a particular list in a Listview and then bind it to the Grid.   

We have also prepared a sample for your reference: http://jsplayground.syncfusion.com/prahqy2i   

Please let us know if you have any further queries.       

Regards,       
Arun P.       

JH Junaid Hassan Ashraf April 12, 2017 08:05 AM UTC

Thanks for your response Arun.

The problem I have found with this example is that it does not work on the first selection.

$(selections).each(function ()

if i have selected three items in the popup , it will show only 2 items.

above mentioned function doesn't fire on single selection.

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team April 13, 2017 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Junaid,    

Thanks for your update.    

We have checked our shared sample but we were unable to reproduce the reported issue. We can able to get the items in Grid as number of items are selected in the Listview. We have also recorded video for your reference below. 

Could you please share us demo or explain us what you have really meant on “if I have selected three items in the popup, it will show only 2 items.” So, that we can help you out better. 

Please check our video and let us know if you have any further queries.        

Regards,        
Arun P.   

JH Junaid Hassan Ashraf April 14, 2017 10:31 AM UTC

I want to update the issue, my finding about the mentioned issue is that if i clicked on the checkbox, then its not working on first time... by clicking on the item... its working fine... but when you click on the checkbox... then it will not work on first time... you must check this scenario. 

SS Selvamani Sankarappan Syncfusion Team April 17, 2017 11:21 AM UTC

Hi Junaid, 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue at our end. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards, 

Selvamani S. 

JH Junaid Hassan Ashraf April 19, 2017 08:56 AM UTC

Thanks for your response.
 waiting for your update regarding this issue

SS Selvamani Sankarappan Syncfusion Team April 20, 2017 09:38 AM UTC

Hi Junaid, 

Thanks for the update. 

Please have follow up with that incident which is created under your account for this issue. 

Regards, 
Selvamani S.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon