We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filter column multiple like

Hello,

I use Syncfusion 15.41 version.

I want that filter works in the following way. For example:

Column Product description

8887 PRODUCT EXAMPLE 1

8886 PRODUCT EXAMPLE 2

8882 PRODUCT EXAMPLE 3

8888 PRODUCT EXAMPLE 33

I want search with: "product 3" and the results are: PRODUCT EXAMPLE 3 and PRODUCT EXAMPLE 33

Now i use in the filter textbox: "*product * 3" and work it. But is there some way to prevent use the *

Thanks

1 Reply

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team April 7, 2017 12:11 PM UTC

Hi Mel, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

We could able to understand your scenario. The Like FilterCompareOperator matches the complete string to filter with record values and filters the records if condition satisfied. The record values which contains the filter string along with some values can be filtered using “*” FilterCondition. From your query, we could not able to understand that whether the Column Product description is a single column or three different columns. If it is a single column, the “*” FilterCondition should be used with Like FilterCompareOperator to filter your requirement. In this case, the filtering cannot be done without using the “*” between the text. Because this is standard way to define the filtering condition to filter the in between text. 

If it is three different column, there is no possibility to filter the record values referenced with another column values. In that case, you have provided the details like the filtering has been performed based on the textbox text. Can you please provide your sample code which will help us to understand your scenario clearly and provide better solution at the earliest? 

Please let us know if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon