We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

help to connect it with local data

Hi,I would like to use Visual studio 2017 withASP.net Core 1.1, Entity Framework Core 1.1*scaffolding controllersand SYNCFUSION GRID,I managed to bind grid to remote odata as described here https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnet-core/grid/getting-startedbut i would like your help to make it work with local data.The sample application with local data that i try to convert to Syncfusion/GRID etc can be downloaded from here.https://github.com/aspnet/Docs/tree/master/aspnetcore/data/ef-mvc/intro/samples/cu-finalDo you have a simple sample or you can create something very simple  for us so we can learn from that? A very good starting point for newbies coming from Ms lightswiitch like me would be a very small CRUD application with .net core1.1, efcore1.1, and Syncfusion best practices implemented for local data.Grid with filtering/search capabilities for one to many,one to one & many to many relations would solve all cases needed. thank you

1 Reply

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team April 5, 2017 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Danil,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We could see you would like to perform the CRUD operations in Grid after populating them using the local data and perform the filtering and sorting operations in the Grid. We have prepared a sample with your requirement that can be downloaded from the following location. 

CRUD Operations in the Grid can be achieved using the certain adaptor support provided by the ejDataMananger which can be referred from the following Help Document. 

Among these adaptors, we have used removeSaveAdaptor to achieve your requirement which will bind local data to the Grid and serves the CRUD Urls for performing the editing/deleting/adding actions in the Grid. Refer to the following code example. 

<ej-grid id="Grid1" allow-sorting="true" allow-filtering="true" allow-paging="true"> 
    <e-datamanager json="ViewBag.order" insert-url="/Home/CellEditInsert" update-url="/Home/CellEditUpdate" remove-url="/Home/CellEditDelete" adaptor="remoteSaveAdaptor" /> 
    <e-edit-settings allow-adding="true" allow-deleting="true" allow-editing="true" />  
    <e-filter-settings filter-type="Menu" /> 
    <e-columns> 
        <e-column field="ID" header-text="Employee ID" is-primary-key="true"></e-column> 
         . . .  
                    . .  
    </e-columns> 
</ej-grid> 

Please make a note that is-primary-key is necessary while performing editing operation in the Grid. To enable edit/add/delete operations in the Grid, you have to set the allow-editing, allow-adding and allow-deleting properties of the Grid e-edit-settings. Please refer to the following Help Documents. 

To enable the filtering and sorting properties in the Grid, you have to set the allow-sorting and allow-filtering properties of the Grid. Grid also provides several filtering types, which can be referred from the following Help Documents. 

Refer to the following ShowCase demos. 

Regards,  
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon