We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Hiding grid for EJGantt control

Hello,

I am currently working through the trial, and we are almost to purchasing the license for Syncfusion.  We do have a requirement for the gantt control though: that being we need to not show the grid portion of the control.  How can we show only the chart portion and hide the grid portion?

Thank you in advance,
- Corey

4 Replies

CO Corey April 3, 2017 07:37 PM UTC

The more I am looking into the gantt, the more it looks like it will not solve our needs.  One other functionality we need is to have multiple items on each row.  It seems like the gantt only allows one item per row. 
Am I wrong with this assumption (we like how the gantt looks much more than the schedule but need that one feature)?

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team April 4, 2017 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Corey, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support, please find the below response. 

Query 1: we need to not show the grid portion of the control.  How can we show only the chart portion and hide the grid portion? 
Solution: In Gantt, there is no built-in support to hide TreeGrid part but we can achieve this in work around by using “splitterSettings.position” property. And also, we have logged a feature report for this and It will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release. 

In Gantt, we can hide the TreeGrid part by set “splitterSettings.position” API value as “0” at load time. To prevent the resizing of splitter at run time we have to remove the resize and hover selection classes on Gantt “create” client side event. Please refer the following code snippet. 
$("#GanttContainer").ejGantt({ 
//… 
                   splitterSettings: { 
                        position: "0%", 
                    }, 
                    create: function () { 
                        $("span.e-splitbar").removeClass("e-resize e-split-divider"); 
                    }, 
We have prepared sample for this, please find the sample link below. 

Query 2: One other functionality we need is to have multiple items on each row.  It seems like the gantt only allows one item per row.  
Solution:  Currently, we don’t have support to render multiple taskbars on each row. Hence, we have logged feature report for this and It will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release. 

Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

CO Corey April 4, 2017 01:12 PM UTC

Thank you for your quick response.  Since we need the multiple items per row, I am looking into implementing the Schedule control instead and I hope that will solve our needs.  It is good to know that it is fairly simple to hide the treeview control though in the Gantt when we decide we need this.

JD Jayakumar Duraisamy Syncfusion Team April 5, 2017 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Corey, 
Thanks for the update. 
We hope schedule control will fulfill your requirement, please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 
Regards, 
Jayakumar D 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon