We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid - DropDown

Hi,

I've been trying to figure this out from the documentation, but have been unable to:

Is it possible to add your own data to a DropDownList that is being used within a Grid.

eg. Can I add custom data to the dropdown below?
<ej:Grid ID="FlatGrid" runat="server" AllowPaging="True">
           <EditSettings AllowEditing="True" AllowAdding="True" AllowDeleting="True" EditMode="Normal"></EditSettings>
           <ToolbarSettings ShowToolbar="True" ToolbarItems="add,edit,delete,update,cancel"></ToolbarSettings>
           <Columns>
                <ej:Column Field="ShipCountry" EditType="Dropdown"/>

1 Reply

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team April 4, 2017 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Danie, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 
You can set your own data to a DropdownList EditType Column in code behind using “DataSource” property of Grid column. Please refer the following code example. 

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) 
        { 

var colData  = new NORTHWNDEntities().Orders.Select(ds =>ds.ShipCountry).Distinct().ToList(); 
            List<object> dataPair = new List<object>(); 
           for (var i = 0; i < colData.Count; i++) 
           { 
               dataPair.Add(new {text = colData[i], value = colData[i]}); 
           } 
               this.EmployeesGrid.Columns.ElementAt(index).DataSource = dataPair; 
        } 

Note: We need to bind datasource for dropdown column as text and value pair. 

We have created a sample based on your requirement that can be downloadable from below link 

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon