We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid's width does not change if I zoomed in or zoomed out

Hello there,

I have a couple questions. 
First, I am using a syncfusion grid in my project. While resizing the size of the window, the size of the grid remains the same. How would we solve it?

Grid on 100% zoom level:

If I decrease the zoom level to 80%, the grid appears like:

Did you notice the empty space in the right side? How would we fix it?

Second question, I am also using the inline edit form here. Whenever I double click on the row, it opens. However, the 'Save' and 'Cancel' buttons appear in the right most part. A screenshot of it is below.

I need them to be in the left most part. How do we do it?

Thank you.

1 Reply

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 05:39 PM UTC

Hi Nishant, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: While resizing the size of the window, the size of the grid remains the same. 

We have analyzed your query and we suspect that while resizing the browser window then the Grid size remains the same. So, we suggest you to use the responsive Grid by enabling the isResponsive and minWIdth property of ejGrid control. 

Refer the help documentation. 

Query 3: If I decrease the zoom level to 80%, there is an empty space in Grid. 

We have render the Grid in tab and while change the zoom level to 80%, the grid appears normally. We are unable to reproduce the issue. 

Please provide the following detail for better assistance. 

1. Share the Grid code example.
  2. Clear explanation of replication procedure.
  3. Essential studio version.
  4. If possible share the sample or reproduce the issue in the attached sample.

We have prepared a sample and it can be downloadable from the below location. 

Query 2: Need to show the 'Save' and 'Cancel' buttons appear in the left most part. 

We have analyzed your query and we suspect that you want to show the save and cancel button in the left most corner.  

We have achieved the same by applying the float value as “left” for the inline form buttons. 

Refer the below code example. 

<style type="text/css"> 
       .e-grid .e-inlineformedit .e-editform-btn { 
              float: left !important; // show the button in left side using float property 
       } 
</style> 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon