We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Binding to series with 2 different charts

Hello

I've created a custom ContentView with a label (for a title), a picker (used as a filter for the ContentView) and an SfChart (based on the filter the series will change). Because I don't know the amount of XyDataSeries this SfChart must have, I have created a BindableProperty that will automatically initialize the Series-property of this SfChart-control.

Now when I use this custom ContentView on a page, everything works fine; by changing the filter (picker) the series will get reïnitialized.
Although a problem occurs as soon as I use more custom ContentViews on one page: only the chart of the lastly added custom ContentView gets updated. Both series have databinding activated to a different property in my ViewModel, but whichever property changes, the result will only be visible in the lastly added ContentView... (if the series of the first custom ContentView changes, the second chart will receive the series, and when the series of the second custom ContentView changes, the second chart will also receive these changed).

How is this possible? Can only 1 chart contain binding to the Series-property, because everything else seems fine ...

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

SA Stefaan Avonds March 23, 2017 03:28 PM UTC

FYI a sample solution can be found as an attachment.

The above problem occurs on Android, while the screen just freezes when using iOS...

Attachment: StatisticsChartApp_b8bf77e6.zip

SA Stefaan Avonds March 30, 2017 07:56 AM UTC

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team March 31, 2017 04:08 AM UTC

Hi Stefaan,

Still we are validating the reported issue at our end. We will provide you the solution today (March 31, 2017).

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M. 

SA Stefaan Avonds March 31, 2017 08:46 AM UTC

Hi

It seems to be a problem with binding to the Series-property; by setting the Series-property without binding it works ...

Take a look at the sample-solution attached, this seems to work good and iOS no longer freezes.

Thank you anyway!

Attachment: StatisticsChartApp_d15d3bcb.zip

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team April 3, 2017 02:53 AM UTC

Hi Stefaan,

Still we are validating the reported issue at our end. We will update you with more details in two business days (April 04, 2017).

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team April 12, 2017 11:34 AM UTC

Hi Stefaan,

We have created a new incident 176702 under your account to track the status of this query. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents  

Please let us know, if you have any query.

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon