We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Circular Pointer padding or border

Hello,

I am attempting to modify a Circular Pointer control in a Circular Gauge I am working on. I will be matching various pointers with different temperature ranges. The pointer color will match the range color, so I would like to add padding or a border to  the pointer to differentiate it a bit. Here is the code that I am using: 

result = new CircularPointer()
                    {
                        PointerType = PointerType.SymbolPointer,
                        SymbolPointerStroke = new SolidColorBrush(Colors.Blue),
                        SymbolPointerHeight = 30,
                        SymbolPointerWidth = 30,
                        Value = 34.5,
                        Symbol = Symbol.Pentagon,
                        BorderBrush = new SolidColorBrush(Colors.White),
                        BorderThickness = new Thickness(10),
                        Padding = new Thickness(50,50,50,50)
                    };

There is no difference to the pointer when the border brush, border thickness, or padding are defined. Attached is a screenshot of the gauge.

Attachment: CircularGauge_c46cd4c0.7z

1 Reply

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 10:57 AM UTC

Hi Grant,

Thanks for using syncfusion products,

Query-“ Border brush, border thickness of Symbol pointer in circular gauge is not working”

We were able to reproduce the reported issue " Border brush, border thickness of Symbol pointer in circular gauge is not working" at our end. And we have logged a defect report regarding the same. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. 

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 
We have created simple sample using Circular Gauge in order to achieve your requirement as a work around using SymbolPointerTemplate property and setting SymbolType as custom .Please find the Sample and screenshot for the same,

Sample Link- http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/129523/ze/Cicularuwp-1594384780

ScreenShot- 

Please get back us if you have any concern.

Regards, 
 Ashwin k.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon