We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Content Control not visible in DockingManager when using MVVM light framework.

Hello all,

I was just reading through the documentation for the DockingManager, and creating an application at the same time. I started from a MVVM Light template.

Once I paste the folllowing code in

<syncfusion:DockingManager x:Name="SyncDockingManager" UseDocumentContainer="True">
<ContentControl syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Solution Explorer"
                syncfusion:DockingManager.SideInDockedMode="Right"  x:Name="SolutionExplorer"/>
<ContentControl x:Name="ToolBox" syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Toolbox" syncfusion:DockingManager.State="AutoHidden" />
<ContentControl x:Name="Properties" syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Properties" syncfusion:DockingManager.State="Float" />
<ContentControl syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Output"
                syncfusion:DockingManager.SideInDockedMode="Tabbed"
                syncfusion:DockingManager.TargetNameInDockedMode="SolutionExplorer"/>
<ContentControl x:Name="StartPage" syncfusion:DockingManager.Header="Start Page" syncfusion:DockingManager.State="Document"/>
</syncfusion:DockingManager>

The "Start Page" Content Control is not visible, either at design time, or run time. However, if I don't use the MVVM Light template it's visible.

Anybody know what the issue could be?

Thanks. 

3 Replies

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team March 23, 2017 11:52 AM UTC

Hi Zeljko Lazic,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported "Content control is not visible while using MVVM Light Template" issue in DockingManager. We have prepared DockingManager sample using MVVM Light Template. Please download the sample from the following location.

Sample:
DockingManager_MVVMLight

If the issue persists from your side, please get back to us with more details about the issue and a sample to reproduce the issue. This would help us to provide the solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Durga S.

KW Klemens Wittig September 27, 2017 12:04 PM UTC

Hi, mabe it would be possible to build a MVVM Light example, creating the same Application as stated here: https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/dockingmanager/pattern-and-practices#mvvm, and add it to your documentation? That would help many people out there, I guess. :)

DR Durga Rajan Syncfusion Team September 28, 2017 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Zeljko Lazic,   

Thanks for the update.   

As per your requirement, we have prepared sample using MVVM light like in this section and we will also add this sample in our documentation under Pattern and Practices section. Please download the sample for the same from below location,   

If you face any issues with this sample, please get back to us with more details.   

Regards,   
Durga S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon