We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

File Size

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

129506 Mar 22,2017 11:44 AM Mar 23,2017 06:58 AM ASP.NET MVC 1
Tags: Uploadbox
Richard Dublon
Asked On March 22, 2017 11:44 AM

Hi,
Is there a max file size that is allowed to be used when uploading a file?  I am trying to upload an excel file to a webserver but it fails.  If I remove enough data from the file to shrink the file size, the upload then works.
I don't believe it is a restriction from the webserver because I can ftp the full size file without a problem.

Also, is there a way to see why the upload fails?  All I get is a red x in the upload box but I have no idea as to why.

Karthikeyan Viswanathan [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 23, 2017 06:58 AM

Hi Richard,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.  

Query: “Is there a max file size that is allowed to be used when uploading a file?” 

Yes, In the UploadBox control, You can restrict the files from being browsed using the FileSize property. When you do not use this property, it takes a default size, 31457280B, that is, 31MB. When this size exceeds, we cannot browse the file. 

Please refer to the help Documentation link: https://help.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/uploadbox/file-size  

Query: “is there a way to see why the upload fails?” 
 Yes, you can find the error details in error event in uploadbox. 

Refer to the code snippet:  

<code>  
@Html.EJ().Uploadbox("UploadDefault").SaveUrl("SaveDefault").RemoveUrl("RemoveDefault").FileSize(100000000).ClientSideEvents(obj=>obj.Error("fileerror")) 
</code>  
<code>  
    <script type="text/javascript"> 
        function fileerror(args) { 
            alert(args.error); 
        } 
    </script></code>  

Regards,    
Karthikeyan V.  

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;