We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Login bypass

Is there a way to bypass logging in to the Dashboard Server when creating the dashboard control in JavaScript?

If I try to create the Dashboard before logging in, I get an error "Access to the service is denied to the current user.".  If we install this for customers, it will be inconvenient if they need to log in each time they want to use the dashboard.

Thanks.

7 Replies

DB Durga Baskar Syncfusion Team March 22, 2017 03:16 PM UTC

Hi Duran, 

Are you trying to access dashboard service which is hosted from dashboard server?  
     We have implemented security in dashboard server. It is not possible to access dashboard service from outside. 
      Would like to access dashboard service, you can use dashboard service which is available in our DashboardPlatformSDK build for your requirement.  

Regards, 
Durga Baskar. 

DU Duran April 10, 2017 04:10 PM UTC

Durga,Thanks for your reply, but I'm still receiving this issue, and not sure what I can do to resolve it.> Are you trying to access dashboard service which is hosted from dashboard server?  Yes.  The dashboard service I am trying to use is hosted from the dashboard server.>Would like to access dashboard service, you can use dashboard service which is available in our DashboardPlatformSDK build for your requirement.  How can I use the "DashboardPlatformSDK" to access the dashboard service without logging in? EDIT: Here is the XML error I am receiving when trying to access the service without logging in.System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Access is denied. at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.AuthorizationBehavior.Authorize(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc) at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)Edit 2: sorry for the formatting, this textbox isnt saving when i try to format the text to be more readable.

SS Sathishkumar Sadhasivam Syncfusion Team April 11, 2017 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Duran, 

Please find the Dashboard Service location for the DashboardPlatformSDK build. 

Location:  %localappdata%\Syncfusion\Dashboard\Samples\Common\Service 

Please find the screen shot below of the Dashboard service located in the Dashboard SDK build. 

Regards, 
Sathishkumar S. 

DU Duran April 11, 2017 06:52 PM UTC

Sathishkumar,
  1. My folder "%localappdata%\Syncfusion" only has the folder "Essentail Studio".  There is no "Dashboard" folder available.
  2. Is there a way to access the dashboard service without logging in to the Dashboard Server website?
Thanks.

SS Sathishkumar Sadhasivam Syncfusion Team April 12, 2017 12:06 PM UTC

Hi Duran, 
Once you have installed the Dashboard SDK platform, you could access this Dashboard Service without logging in to the Dashboard Server from this location. 
Location:  %localappdata%\Syncfusion\Dashboard\Samples\Common\Service. 
Please find the screenshot below of the Dashboard Service location. 

Please follow the below steps in the UG documentation link to host the Dashboard Service in the IIS and use that URL link (Dashboard Service link) to access the Dashboard. 
Please let us know if you have further queries. 
Regards, 
Sathishkumar S. 

DU Duran April 13, 2017 09:33 PM UTC

Sathishkumar,

This seems to have worked.  I didnt have the SDK installed.  

I downloaded & installed it from the products page, and I was able to get it functioning correctly.

Thanks.

VK Vinoth Krishnamoorthy Syncfusion Team April 14, 2017 07:10 AM UTC

Hi Duran, 

We are glad that your issue has been fixed. 

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards, 
Vinoth K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon