We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Does GridTemplateColumn trigger CurrentCellBegin/EndEdit events?

Hi,

Will the CurrentCellBegin/EndEdit events be triggered when using GridTemplateColumn?
I think they don't, at least it's not working for mee. But they should according to the documentation, don't they?

Kind regards

5 Replies

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team March 22, 2017 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Kind,

Thanks for contacting Syncfussion support. Currently the CurrentCellEndEdit/BeginEdit events are only available only for the GridTextColumn, PickerColumn, DateTimeColumn, and NumericColumn. It will be made available for the template columns when the EditTemplate support is given for SfDataGrid. A feature request has already been logged for the EditTemplate support and you can expect the feature to be available in any of the upcoming releases.

Valuing your feedback and we have mentioned about the limitation of the CurrentCellEndEdit/BeginEdit events in our documentation also which will be refreshed online on 23rd March 2017.   

Please let us know if you may require further assistance.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

BK bkind March 22, 2017 08:50 PM UTC

Hi,

Glad to read that I wasn't wrong. Well, then I'll be waiting for the edit template (which was another question of mine).

Meanwhile I have a workaround. Thanks for your answer anyway.

Kind regards

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team March 23, 2017 11:03 AM UTC

Hi Kind,

Thanks for the update. As mentioned previously we have not yet provided support for editing GridTemplateColumn. Editing for template column cannot be achieved unless you have modified GridTemplateColumnRenderer  and setting the IsEditable property to true in our CellRendererCollection which is not advisable. If you have achieved your requirement by some other means, could you please share code example that you are using for triggering CurrentCellEndEdit/BeginEdit events for GridTemplateColumn.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

BK bkind March 26, 2017 07:24 PM UTC

Hi,

Just to assure we're talking about the same thing:
Neither have I found a way to trigger the events (directly, at least) nor did I modify the GridTemplateColumn or its renderer in any way.
Editing the underlying data source property works like it does with the other GridColumn types. I just wanted to have another time picker than the default one (which I cannot, as far as I understand) and than wanted to use the cell edit events to get to know if the user has changed a value for which property and what the new value is.

What I have is a workaround for is my last concern. For that I used the item change tracking abillity of the ObservableCollectionView, which is the item source of the data grid. So I get what I need, event if it's not the grid which tells me what happened but the collection via INotifyPropertyChanged.

Thanks for your interest, and if you'd like to have a code example anyway just tell me. But maybe you have to wait a week or to until I finished my work.

Kind regards

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team March 27, 2017 06:03 AM UTC

Hi Kind,

Sorry about the misunderstanding from our side and thanks for clearing the doubts with your detailed explanation of the scenario and the workaround you are using. Please revert us if in case of any other queries.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon