We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Any way to work around an old, broken control?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

129450 Mar 18,2017 10:13 PM Mar 27,2017 07:12 AM Windows Forms 3
Tags: TreeViewAdv
Jason Pegg
Asked On March 18, 2017 10:13 PM

Hello, Community!

I'm using an application that's using a VERY dated version of Syncfusion controls (v4.102.0.62 and v4.102.0.1003).  The company that made the application is no longer supporting it (stopped around 2011).  When Windows 10 Anniversary Edition rolled in, it broke the application which uses a small handful of Syncfusion controls.  This is a known issue, and for those with source code, you can get an updated version of the controls and recompile.  Unfortunately, while I have the knowledge to do such things (I'm a C# developer), I don't have the source code.

I looked at various ways of forcing the use of a newer assembly, and while there are options, this one is old enough that the Public Key Token is different (it has to be the same if you want to force an application to use a newer assembly).  I'm kinda stuck.  Does anyone have any ideas, including any MacGyver moves?  I've run out of ideas.

Of course, if there's a patched version of the assemblies in question, that would be ideal!

Here's the specific error:

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
   at Syncfusion.Drawing.DrawingUtils.NCPaintHelper(Control control, INonClientPaintingSupport ncPaintDelegate, Message& m)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ThemedWindowDrawing.DrawThemedBorderColor(Control control, Message& msg)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WmNcPaint(Message& msg)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.ScrollControl.WndProc(Message& msg)
   at Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Tools.TreeViewAdv.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

And here are the installed assemblies:

Syncfusion.Core (v4.102.0.62, PK 632609b4d040f6b4)
Syncfusion.Grid.Base (v4.102.0.1003, PK 3cda94b1926e6fbc)
Syncfusion.Grid.Windows (v4.102.0.1003, PK 3cda94b1926e6fbc)
Syncfusion.Shared.Base (v4.102.0.1003, PK 3cda94b1926e6fbc)
Syncfusion.Shared.Windows (v4.102.0.1003, PK 3cda94b1926e6fbc)
Syncfusion.Tools.Base (v4.102.0.1003, PK 3cda94b1926e6fbc)
Syncfusion.Tools.Windows (v4.102.0.1003, PK 3cda94b1926e6fbc)

Again, bit of a longshot, but any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.  I'd really like to continue using the program, and with the exception of the add-in based on the Syncfusion controls, it works fine.

Thanks!
Jason W. Pegg

Mallika Kannan [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 20, 2017 04:22 AM

Hi Jason, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

This reported issue is fixed in our latest version v15.1.0.33. Can you please sharing your product version? So that we can check and let you know the details of this. 

Regards, 
Mallika 

Jason Pegg
Replied On March 25, 2017 02:14 PM

Thank you for the response.  I appreciate you getting back to me!

I think there may be a misunderstanding of my original post.  As mentioned, I'm using an application that has an old version of Syncfusion controls embedded in it.  The old application was written by another company that is no longer supporting it.  The version can be seen in the assembly information I provided (v4).  My question is whether or not there's a way to update the controls so that the old application continues working.

As I mentioned, it's a long shot but I wanted to ask.  Please take another look at the original post and see if the request makes sense.  I am not trying to update my own software; this is not an application I wrote, nor do I have access to the source control.  What I DO know is that the application is using a Syncfusion control, that the control is causing the unhandled exception, and that it started with the Anniversary Edition update of Windows 10.  I'm just trying to see if there's a way to rescue the software.

Please see the original post and let me know if it makes sense, and if there's anything I can do to work around the problem.

Thank you for your time!
Jason...

Mallika Kannan [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 27, 2017 07:12 AM

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your update. 

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.  

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

Regards, 
Mallika 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;