We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Appointment list is not updated on Android

Hi to all!

I've tried to populate my appointment collection in OnAppearing with an async method. The update method populates a ScheduleAppointmentCollection with data taken from another data source. On iOS the appointments are loaded correctly and are visibile in the SfSchedule.

On Android the control is empty, and if I tap on a monthcell (I use a MonthView visualization) with an event inside, that cell result empty.

In my debug sessions I've tried to figure out if the DataSource property is valorized, and I've found that the appointments are correctly inside the DataSource, but are not visualized.

A similiar behaviour is presented by SfCalendar, so what can I do?

Regard and good work

Gabriele Benvenuti

3 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 16, 2017 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Gabriele, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.  

Regarding SfSchedule query: 
Based on the provided information, we have checked and we are unable to reproduce the mentioned issue with ScheduleAppointments not updating in Schedule Xamarin Forms (Android) from our side. We have prepared simple sample based on this scenario, please find the below sample. 

In the sample, we have added ScheduleAppointment in the OnAppearing also added another appointment dynamically by the button click event. 

If the given solution doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please revert to us by modifying the provided sample based on your scenario with the replication procedure along with platform details, it will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the better solution. 

Regarding SfCalendar query: 
We have tested the reported issue in our latest version of Essential Studio and we were unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side and we have attached the sample and video which we have tested the reported issue. Please find the sample and video from the below link. 

So, could you please check the reported issue in our latest version of Essential studio using attached sample. If you still facing reported issue, could you please provide modified sample which replicates the reported issue and which Android API version issue gets occur. It will help us to provide appropriate solution on this.  

Regards, 
Subburaj Pandian V.   

GB Gabriele Benvenuti March 17, 2017 09:08 AM UTC

Hi Subburaj Pandian V.,

I've tried again with SfSchedule and  now I've obtained the expected behavior; maybe I've made some errors last time.

I've another question for you: I need to change the color of an inline appointment dynamically, is it possible?

Regards and good work

Gabriele Benvenuti

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 20, 2017 07:21 AM UTC

Hi Gabriele, 

Thank you for the update. We are happy that the mentioned issue got resolved with the provided solution. 

Query 2: InlineAppointment Color 
We have checked your query with changing the Schedule Inline AppointmentColor, are you mentioning about InlineAppointment indication color (small circle) in Month InlineView? Which is the ScheduleAppointment Color. Yes, you can change the ScheduleAppointment color dynamically in Xamarin Forms.  
If your requirement is to customize the InlineAppointment, by using MonthInlineView customization you can achieve your requirement. You can customize both Appointment TextColor and BackgroundColor using MonthInlineViewStyle as well as passing CustomView. Please refer of our online User Guide documentation for the same by the following link,    

If the given solution doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please revert to with more information about your requirement in detail, it will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the better solution.  

Regards, 
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon