We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF Export not working

Hi,

I tried to export a Dashboard as a PDF via a schedule.
I received the mail but the PDF in the attachment was not readable via different PDF readers.

Here is the errorlog:
-------------------------------------15.03.2017--09:00--------------------------------
Error Code:-2147024894
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\DashboardServer.Web\DashboardService\Temp\02bf1d19-773e-48b0-86b9-6f7cba09e4ee.pdf" konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Dateiname: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\DashboardServer.Web\DashboardService\Temp\02bf1d19-773e-48b0-86b9-6f7cba09e4ee.pdf"
   bei System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bei System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   bei System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   bei System.IO.File.InternalReadAllBytes(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   bei Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.SavePdfFile(String pdfFile, String fileName)
   bei Syncfusion.DashboardService.DashboardService.GetExportPdf(String encryptedString, String size, String layout)
   bei SyncInvokeGetExportPdf(Object , Object[] , Object[] )
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.SyncMethodInvoker.Invoke(Object instance, Object[] inputs, Object[]& outputs)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DispatchOperationRuntime.InvokeBegin(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage5(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage41(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage4(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage31(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage3(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage2(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage11(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.ImmutableDispatchRuntime.ProcessMessage1(MessageRpc& rpc)
   bei System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.MessageRpc.Process(Boolean isOperationContextSet)

Generated Query:

The same error happens if I try to export the dashboard as image. The export into a excel file is working.
Is there some kind of fix for this?
I also noticed that when there is a pivot that is scrollable the pivot is exported incorrectly. The pivot will
not be exported completly. It gets cut down.
Is there some kind of option to export this scrollable pivot correctly?
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

3 Replies

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Patrick,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.   
We can reproduce the reported ‘Image and PDF export’ and ‘pivot gets cut down’ issues from our side. We had logged a bug report and fix for these issues will be available in our upcoming release which is expected at the end of March,2017.    

Regards,   
Mukil K.   

GK Gregory Kohle March 15, 2017 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Mukil,

thanks for your respone.
I also noticed that if you hide some values in a chart that in the exported pdf/image
the entire chart is displayed with all values visible.

The view in the dashboard server (just Ausschuss displayed):

Exported view:

I also noticed that a message is displayed when I export an entire dashboard. The message is "Unable to load culture de-DE".
Furthermore if you change a filter (listbox, multiselect enabled) in the dashboard the filter shows up empty if not all ticks are set.
View in Dashboard Server:

View in exported PDF:

Is there some kind of option to show the exported dashboard correctly?
Thanks.

Regards,
Patrick

MK Mukil Karunanithi Syncfusion Team March 16, 2017 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Patrick, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

These are issues in our side. We have logged a bug report for these and fix for these issues will be available in our upcoming release which is expected at the end of March,2017. 

Regards, 
Mukil K. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon