We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Login failed for user

Good day, I just uploaded a web application to azure.

I was working with a local database, it did not have credentials (user, pass), with windows authentication.

Now I'm using a remote database, the reports (.RDL) do not work, with the application I use to design the reports and update the datasource, but I guess I'm not saving the credentials, this is the connection string.

<ConnectionProperties>
    <DataProvider>SQL</DataProvider>
    <ConnectString>Data Source=miservidor;Initial Catalog=DataBase</ConnectString>
</ConnectionProperties>

5 Replies

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 12:18 PM UTC

Hi Norberto, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

If we have to host/deploy the RDL report in Azure environment, then the datasource for the RDL report should be deployed in server. If the datasource for the RDL report is from local machine, then it won’t work in Azure environment. We can use azure hosted datasource or datasource from some other server into RDL report, so can you please provide the datasource for the Report from server and specify the credential detail of the datasource as shown in below code example,      

<ConnectionProperties> 
        <DataProvider>SQL</DataProvider> 
        <ConnectString>Data Source=mvc.syncfusion.com;Initial Catalog=AdventureWorks;User ID=ssrs1;Password=RDLReport1</ConnectString> 
      </ConnectionProperties> 

We prepared a RDL file using server hosted datasource and it can be downloaded from below location, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

NO Norberto March 15, 2017 03:10 PM UTC

Thank you very much you're the best !!

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team March 16, 2017 04:34 AM UTC

Hi Norberto, 

Thanks for your update. We are happy to hear that your issue is resolved. 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D 

PA Paola April 21, 2017 11:45 PM UTC

Hola, mira estoy trabajando con ReportViewer de MVC Pero Me Esta Saliendo Este error 

en el controlador tengo 

reportOption.ReportModel.ReportServerCredential = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("infraestructure", "password");
            reportOption.ReportModel.DataSourceCredentials.Add(new DataSourceCredentials("DS_PERU_BOXHOUSE", "user", "password","Data Source=miservidor;Initial Catalog=bd; Encrypt=True;",false));

Gracias, quedo atenta

YD Yuvaraj Devarajan Syncfusion Team April 25, 2017 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Paola, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We suspect the mentioned issue occurs when you have specified the “Do not use credential” option in datasource property for SSRS hosted repot file. So if we specify the “Do not use credential” option in datasource property then we should specify the UserName and password in connection string itself as shown in below code example, 

public void OnInitReportOptions(ReportViewerOptions reportOption) 
        {                        

reportOption.ReportModel.ReportServerCredential = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("infraestructure", "password"); 
            reportOption.ReportModel.DataSourceCredentials.Add(new DataSourceCredentials("DS_PERU_BOXHOUSE", "user", "password", "Data Source=miservidor;Initial Catalog=bd;User Id=ssrs1;password=password; Encrypt=True;", false)); 
        } 

Or else, you can set the datasource username and password in “Use this User name and password” option in datasource property for the repot file as shown in shared screenshot, then you specify the UserName and password in Datasource credential as shown in below code example, 

reportOption.ReportModel.DataSourceCredentials.Add(new DataSourceCredentials("DS_PERU_BOXHOUSE", "user", "password", "Data Source=miservidor;Initial Catalog=bd; Encrypt=True;", false)); 

Please refer to the below MSDN documentation for more detail, 

Regards, 
Yuvaraj D. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon