We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Get PDF text content coordinates

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

129335 Mar 13,2017 04:52 PM Mar 15,2017 07:23 AM ASP.NET Web Forms 1
Tags: PdfViewer
Jim Flynn
Asked On March 13, 2017 04:52 PM

Hi,

I noticed the PdfLoadedDocument method FindText() will search for a string and return an out parameter that contains the coordinates of the text content within the loaded PDF. I was wondering how can I get the same coordinates for all text within a PDF without having to manually search for the text? 

It would be nice if I was able to actually access coordinates as I looped through each text line in the PDF. What are my options for getting this information? Thanks for you help. 

Akshaya Arivoli [Syncfusion]
Replied On March 15, 2017 07:23 AM

Hi Jim, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

At present, we do not have the support for getting the coordinates through each line. However, we can achieve your requirement as a work around. Initially we have to extract the text in the PDF document using layout based text extraction ExtractText(true) and then we have to provide the particular line to the Findtext() to get the coordinates of the line. We have created the simple sample for your reference and shared the same in the following location 

Please try the sample and revert us with more details if your requirement is differ from the provided sample. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;