We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Get PDF text content coordinates

Hi,

I noticed the PdfLoadedDocument method FindText() will search for a string and return an out parameter that contains the coordinates of the text content within the loaded PDF. I was wondering how can I get the same coordinates for all text within a PDF without having to manually search for the text? 

It would be nice if I was able to actually access coordinates as I looped through each text line in the PDF. What are my options for getting this information? Thanks for you help. 

3 Replies

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Jim, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

At present, we do not have the support for getting the coordinates through each line. However, we can achieve your requirement as a work around. Initially we have to extract the text in the PDF document using layout based text extraction ExtractText(true) and then we have to provide the particular line to the Findtext() to get the coordinates of the line. We have created the simple sample for your reference and shared the same in the following location 

Please try the sample and revert us with more details if your requirement is differ from the provided sample. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

MO Mohamed April 7, 2020 02:02 AM UTC

Hello
Kindly advise if we can extract text from PDF using rectangle coordinates using SyncFusion fileformat

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team April 7, 2020 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Mohmad, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

The PDF Viewer server library allows you to extract the text from a page along with the bounds. Text extracting can be done using the ExtractText() method 

We can also get the bounds of the words using the below KB, 

Please let us now if you have any concerns on this. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon