We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfSpreadsheetRibbon Localization

Hello,
I am start trying Spreadsheet controls for WPF applications and I have a problem with localization of SfSpreadsheetRibbon control.
I have followed all steps indicated here: https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/sfspreadsheet/localization

but I was not able to translate the ribbon bar.
Furthermore I have noticed that some labels are not in the resource file provided by documentation (e.g.: Find & Select) so maybe I am doing something wrong. Could you help me please?

Thank you very much.

Regards

Francesco

3 Replies

GA Gayathri Arumugam Syncfusion Team March 14, 2017 01:17 PM UTC

Hi Francesco, 

Since We have not updated our .resx file provided in UG documentation there will be some missing labels. We request you to use below .resx file in your WPF application to localize SfSpreadsheetRibbon control. 

For more reference refer our dashboard sample. 

Dashboard sample: Syncfusion Control Panel -> WPF -> GRIDS  -> Spreadsheet -> MISCELLANEOUS -> Localization   

Please let us know if you need further assistance.  

Regards, 
Gayathri 

FR Francesco March 14, 2017 03:35 PM UTC

Thank you so much for the resources.
Anyway I am not able to change the localization of the spreadsheet ribbon

In my constructor I have written:
System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new System.Globalization.CultureInfo("it-IT");
just before initialize component directive.

then I have put under Resources Folder Syncfusion.SfSpreadsheet.Wpf.it.resx file 

and 

Folder Syncfusion.SfSpreadsheet.Wpf.resx 

Just to do a test I have tried also to change some string in the english resources file (such as the HOME label)

But it seems that my application is not considering resources file.
What I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your patience and support.

Regards

Francesco

KB Kanimozhi Bharathi Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 10:36 AM UTC

Hi Francesco,   

We have checked your issue with our sample. But we were unable to reproduce it. In this sample, we have localized the spreadsheet in Japanese culture.  Please find the sample link below   

If the issue still reproduces at your end, please modify the above sample to reproduce the issue and update us with the replication procedure, video link or screenshot to analyze the issue further and provide an appropriate solution.  

NOTE: Please make sure that the (.resx) file attached in Resource folder is set as “Embedded Resource” in the Build Action of Properties window.   

Regards   
Kanimozhi B   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon