We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Crash on PDFViewer

Hi,

I am downloading the pdf file and storing it locally, locally stored pdf filesstream returning to the PCL project where pdfviewer loads the document. It works fine in android as well as in iOS Simulator. But when I install the application in device it stops execution displaying following error. 

NSForwarding: warning: object 0x17834550 of class 'Syncfusion_SfPdfViewer_XForms_iOS_StackViewEx' does not implement methodSignatureForSelector: -- trouble ahead
2017-03-02 16:51:03.203 WaterMeters.iOS[286:68312] *** NSForwarding: warning: object 0x17834550 of class 'Syncfusion_SfPdfViewer_XForms_iOS_StackViewEx' does not implement doesNotRecognizeSelector: -- abort

How do I fix it?

Thanks & Regards,
Shashidhar

6 Replies

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team March 3, 2017 04:41 PM UTC

Hi Shashidhar, 

We are not able to reproduce the issue “PdfViewer stops execution while loading PDF document in iOS device”. We have tried to reproduce the issue in iPad Air 2 with iOS version 10.2. Kindly provide the following details. 
1.       The device you used 
2.       iOS version of the device 
3.       The PDF document you have used (if possible) 
4.       Version of PdfViewer 
5.       Xamarin.Forms version you are using 
These details will help us to investigate more into the reported issue and assist you better. 

Best, 
Navaneetha Kannan  

SH Shashidhar March 9, 2017 01:24 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply,

Here are the following 

1. iPad 2
2. ios version 8.1
4. syncfusion latest version i.e. 15.1.0.33
5.Xamarin.forms 2.3.2.127

NK Navaneetha Kannan Sudalai Muthu Syncfusion Team March 10, 2017 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Shashidhar, 

PdfViewer for Xamarin.Forms.iOS is not compatible with iOS 8.1. It is compatible only with iOS versions 9.0 or later as we have mentioned in our Syncfusion documentation web page. Please find the link below.   

We have included the screenshot below for your reference. 

Best, 
Navaneetha Kannan  

SH Shashidhar March 10, 2017 10:12 AM UTC

Sorry I didn't saw that,

Thanks for your support

SH Shashidhar March 10, 2017 10:18 AM UTC

Also,

I saw Radialmenu and Radiaslider in javascript essential studio for mobile. When it will introduce for xamarin?
http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/mobile/#/index?control=radialmenu&nestedradialmenu

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 14, 2017 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Shashidhar,  

Thank you for your update.  

Currently we do not have any plans to implement SfRadialMenu and SfRadialSlider on Xamarin.Forms platforms since we have already working on other prioritize tasks. So the controls will be available on any of our upcoming release.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon