We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

RibbonWindow partial class in vb.net

I am trying to create a new wpf application with the syncfusion controls.  I am trying to use the "Getting Started" instructions in the online documentation.  The XAML sample works great in creating the Ribbon Control, but I can not get the "Code Behind" to work.  

Add following namespace and inherit MainWindow from RibbonWindow in code be

Imports Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls

Public class As partial 
This is the code for vb that is shown in the Online documentation for the "Getting Started" section for the Ribbon Control.  I am unable to get this code to work for me.  
The code I have in the "Code Behind" Window is this:
Imports Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls
Namespace RibbonControl
    Partial Class RibbonWindow
        Inherits RibbonControl.MainWindow

Private Sub RibbonWindow_Loaded(sender As Object, e As RoutedEventArgs) Handles Me.Loaded
            MsgBox("Made It")
        End Sub
    End Class
End Namespace

This builds and compiles with no error, but it never runs. The Loaded event does not run and therefore the MsgBox is not shown.

Are there any sample programs for vb that are available showing how to properly code a RibbonWindow?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!!

John Hill

Attachment: RibbonWindowCodeBehind_3227f22a.zip

3 Replies

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 10:19 AM UTC

Hi John,   

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We have created a simple VB sample for Ribbon based on your code in code behind and we can display the MessageBox when it has been loaded. We have prepared a simple VB sample to code with RibbonWindow for your reference and it can be downloaded from the below location.   

Sample: RibbonVB   

Also, we suspect that you are inheriting the RibbonWindow from your application instead of inheriting your application from RibbonWindow in code behind based on your code. Can you please check with the above sample and let us know if we have misunderstood your query?   

Regards,   
Keerthana J   

JH John Hill March 14, 2017 02:44 AM UTC

Thank you so much Keerthana J.

Your help is greatly appreciated.  Your sample code was just what I needed. 

Thanks again,

John Hill

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team March 14, 2017 03:51 AM UTC

Hi John, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon