We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Gantt ajax refresh after update to db

I am using the following to refresh the gantt after calling an ajax update to our DB

but when i get to ganttObj.setModel({ "dataSource": data }); the screen just locks up.

I have checked the json being returned and it is the same object as that been returned on the initial load.

function refreshGantt() { 
            $.ajax({ 
                type: "GET", 
                url: '/Gantt/GanttItems', 
             contentType: 'application/json; charset=utf-8', 
                success: function (result) { 
                    var data = ej.parseJSON(result) 
                    ganttObj = $("#Gantt").data("ejGantt"); 
                    ganttObj.setModel({ "dataSource": data }); 
                } 
            }); 

1 Reply

JS Jonesherine Stephen Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 07:02 PM UTC

Hi Bryan, 
We have analyzed the reported query and prepared the Gantt sample with MVC on server side. 
And refreshed the Gantt on CRUD operations. We are unable to reproduce the reported issue. Please ensure whether valid ParentId/startDate/endDate is retrieved while refreshing Gantt after updating Database.  
We have also prepared the sample for your reference. Please find the sample from below location 
If still issue exists at your end please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with the replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you. 
Regards, 
Jone sherine P S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon