We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

selected item wrong?

Hello, i have populated sfautocomplete with 100 items under android with xamarin forms. When i scroll down in suggestionlist and select some item the wrong
item is displayed in the autocompeletebox. It always takes a previous item from the suggestionlist. How can i fix this issue?
Greetings Richard

9 Replies

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 6, 2017 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue “Wrong item get displayed from SuggestionList in AutoComplete”. We have created a sample for your reference please download the same from below link.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/129196/ze/AutoComplete_1291961436758547  

Please run the sample and check whether the issue still persists at your end. If not, please apply your changes and revert the modified sample with the following detail Syncfusion assembly version which you are using? This would help us to work inline with your requirement.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

RG Richard Grothe March 6, 2017 12:28 PM UTC

Hello, i am using the datasource with displaymember and valuepath. The sample seems to be ok, but it uses autocompeletesource with a simple list of strings.
Please can you check this with a list of datasource objects. As suggest it would be also very useful to preselect a item from list through valuepath. This is not
possible, because selectedvaluepath has only a getter.
Greetings Richard

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 7, 2017 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue “Wrong item get displayed from SuggestionList in AutoComplete in latest versions”. We have created sample as per your requirement using DataSource for your reference. Please download the same from below link.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/129196/ze/AutoComplete129196-810280798 

Please let us know the version which you are using.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A. 

RG Richard Grothe March 9, 2017 03:10 PM UTC

Thank you for the sample and i figured out where the bug is :

Use this code to fill the collection in your created sample.

for (int i = 0; i < 100; i++)
{
    if (i == 10 | i == 20 | i == 30 | i == 50 | i == 90)
    {
       //twice --- 
personCollection.Add(new Person("Item " + i.ToString(), i.ToString()));     }     personCollection.Add(new Person("Item " + i.ToString(), i.ToString())); }
The Problem is that twice entrys with same Text are not shown and so all selected items after index 10 are not correct.

Issue 2:

Textsize and Dropdowntextsize are not working correctly. Fontsize on Emulator and Device doesn't match! Very big difference.

Issue 3:

Predefined Watermark 'Enter Text' not removeable until watermark is set to ' '!

Issue 4:

Clearing text or selection dosen't clear previous selected index and value !
Set Selectedindex to value -1 is not possible and can not be used to clear previous selection.

Issue 5:

Displayed text after selection from suggestionlist is editable but entry is not validated and it doesn't match to the list entrys after leaving control.

Issue 6:

No possibility to preselect a existing item in list. It is not possible to set a value to selectedvalue.

Thank you and greetings ...

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 10, 2017 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your update.

We were able to reproduce the reported issues "Textsize and Dropdowntextsize vary in different device","Cannot remove the text of predefined Watermark property","Clearing selection text dosen't clear previous selected index and value" and "When selected text from suggestionlist is edited,entry doesn't match to the list entries after leaving control". We have logged bug report for all internally. 

The fix for the reported issues will be available on 2017 Volume 1 SP2 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of March 2017.

Query 1: Incorrect selected items from the suggestion list since the entry is not corrrect.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue "Incorrect selected items from the suggestion list since the entry is not corrrect". We have attached you the output screenshot and please download the same from below link.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/129196/ze/autocomplete_screenshot-2053457594  

Query 2: preselect a existing item in list and cannot set a value to selectedvalue.

We have considered the reported behavior "preselect a existing item in list and cannot set a value to selectedvalue" as feature request. The feature will be available in any of our upcoming release. Please check our updates periodically.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

RG Richard Grothe March 10, 2017 01:30 PM UTC

Thank you for your answer. Here are 3 screenshots to demonstrate.
Greetings ...

Attachment: screenshot_94238b13.zip

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 13, 2017 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue "Incorrect selected items from the suggestion list" at our end. We have attached the sample for your reference. Please download the same from below link.

Please run the sample and check whether issue reproducing at your end, if not modify your changes and revert with the sample.

We have recorded a video footage too. It can be downloaded from below link.

Please update us with more details like product version which you are using and device configurations to replicate the issue.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

RG Richard Grothe March 14, 2017 09:16 AM UTC

Hello, just use the attached sample. Just Click on the box scroll down and select for example item 56. What result you get on screen? Definitly not item 56.
The problem is that entrys with a same text (displaymember) are shown only once in list and so the result after this entrys will be not correct.
This is a sample but in real there is the possibility that you can have more entrys with same text but with different values.
I also detected when the datasource is not set and you click on the autocompletebox (ShowSuggestionsOnFocus="True") a fatal exception occurs.

Greetings Richard

Attachment: AutoComplete128205B_9cbcb070.zip

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Query: Incorrect items get displayed from the suggestion list while giving twice of the same item

We were able to reproduce the reported issue "Incorrect items get displayed from the suggestion list while giving twice of the same item". We have logged bug report internally. The fix for the reported issues will be available on 2017 Volume 1 SP2 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of March 2017.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon