We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Filtering widget data based on User selected values from another widget

In the Dashboard Designer, I'm trying to filter a ListBox Control based on the selection of another ListBox Control.

* The 1st ListBox only displays the "Name" column of a Data Source.
* The 2nd ListBox should update it's own Data Source based on the 1st ListBox's selected item ID from the 1st ListBox.

When I try to link Master and Listener widgets via the "Dashboard Filter Configuration",  the source column only lists "Name", and I am unable to select the source's ID.

Is there a way to accomplish this?  

Please let me know if you need any further explanation.  Thanks.

3 Replies

VM Vimala Mary Maria Susai Syncfusion Team March 3, 2017 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Duran, 

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

From the provided details we assume that both Listbox1 and Listbox2 are bound to different data sources. At present the "Dashboard Filter Configuration" will show only the field that is bound for ListBox. However, as a workaround you can use a grid instead of ListBox and use the 'ID' value as hidden column. We have prepared a demo video on how to achieve your requirement using the grid. Please refer the below video in following link. 

Also, we have logged feature to shown all the columns in the "Dashboard Filter Configuration" window. 

Regards, 
Vimala 

DU Duran March 3, 2017 05:10 PM UTC

This workaround appears to satisfy our requirements for now.

Thank you!

-Dave

VM Vimala Mary Maria Susai Syncfusion Team March 6, 2017 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Duran, 

Please let us know whether you require further assistance on this.  

Regards,  
Vimala 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon