We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Modal

Hey,

By creating new dialog controls I need to be able to disable specific parent controls (for instance ejTab) and other dialog controls (which were opened earlier), but not entire app as modal functionality works now. Is there a way to achieve that with Syncfusion components or I need to create something custom?

3 Replies

RJ Rekha J Syncfusion Team March 2, 2017 08:38 AM UTC

Hi Me, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

To achieve the requirement, we suggest to use “containment” property of ejDialog. Containment property is used to append the dialog to the selected element. If you have used ejTab as Parent element of ejDialog, you need to disable the ejTab by setting containment property to the ejTab id or class name. 
For your reference, please refer to the below code snippet to achieve this. 

<ej-dialog id="dialogA" title="DialogA" [enableResize]="false" [enableModal]="true" width="400" containment=".tab"  [showOnInit]="false">                        
    </ej-dialog> 

Please refer our online help documentation for containment property. 
For your reference, we have created a simple sample and the sample is available in: 
If this solution is not your requirement, could you please share the details to us, so that we will provide appropriate solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 

Rekha. 

ME Me April 27, 2017 01:24 PM UTC

Hello again,

I would like to put Modal on ejTab content, but not entire Tab Panel as user must be able to switch between tabs. From tab panel, there might be buttons (in content) which will rise ejDialog and I want that particular tab content to be disabled while user is in ejDialog. Any way to do that?

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team April 28, 2017 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Me, 

Thanks for your update. 

For your scenario, we suggest you to set the containment property as your tab’s id or class. Hence the Dialog’s model will set only to that particular tab. You can also switch between the tabs, since content only disabled. 

We have also modified the previous sample by giving each tab a Button to open a Model Dialog and you can find it in the below link:  

I you still face any issue, please get back to us with more information so that it will help us provide a prompt solution.   

Regards,   
Arun P.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon