We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

I can not get Samples 15.1.0.33 to build for Android

I am very excited about the new release with the new for Grid Layout on the ListView. Thank you so much for listening.  When attempting to build and deploy the Android Project Samples from the default location, we are get an error of file path too long.

I tried to install the product elsewhere in the install process, but at a certain point in the folder structure there is a reference link to the original samples install location so it is still too long.

The option to install the samples to an alternate location simply does not work, unless I am missing something.

As a work around, I tried copying the samples solution  to a folder closer to the root, however restore NuGet packages does not work and all the references for SyncFusion are missing. And I have the option set on NuGet to restore automatically.

I also installed all the sample SyncFusion packages manually. One at a time. This took over an hour. Then I got this error:

Expecting class path separator ';' before '\Android\android-sdk\build-tools\25.0.2\lib\shrinkedAndroid.jar' in argument number 8        SampleBrowser.Droid_2015               D:\sync2\SampleBrowser\SampleBrowser.Droid\CREATEMULTIDEXMAINDEXCLASSLIST              

I fixed the above error, by moving the Android SDK to a path without a space, per this post: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38718215/expecting-class-path-separator-before-android-android-sdk-build-tools-23-0

but now I get this error:

Can't read [C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v7.0\mono.android.jar] (Can't process class [android/app/ActivityTracker.class] (Unsupported class version number [52.0] (maximum 51.0, Java 1.7)))          SampleBrowser.Droid_2015 

As a work around, is there a link to a zip with the samples that I can extract closer to my root, where all I need to do is a restore NuGet packages and rebuild to make it work for Android?

5 Replies

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team February 28, 2017 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Russ,  

For Installation issue, 

We are sorry for the inconvenience.  

You can change the samples location while installing the Syncfusion setup itself.   

Also, if you have already installed any other platform setup in the same version, you can’t change the samples location. 

For JDK issue, 
We recommend you to update your jdk to latest version to resolve this issue and change your jdk location.  
Steps to change jdk location: 
Tools -> Options-> Xamarin-> Android Settings  

Please refer the below forum for more details about this issue. 

Thanks, 
Saravana Pandian M. 

RF Russ Fustino March 1, 2017 09:37 PM UTC

I uninstalled the prior and current versions of SyncFusion Xamarin forms. Re-installed. Selected d:/sync3 as the samples folder and d:/syncinstall as the program install. Still got the same results.

D:/sync3 is empty

D:/syncinstall has folder for 15.1.0.33 / Samples , but the Samples folder has a shortcut that redirects to C:\Users\rfustino\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\15.1.0.33\Xamarin

I load the samples from there and the PCL complies, but the Android project is missing all of the references.

As for the JDK I have the latest. 64 bit, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_122  I need the 64 bit for other controls. Does SyncFusion work with 64 bit JDK?

Can you please send a link to the zip of the samples with references working so I can simply unzip to a folder near the root? Thanks!

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team March 2, 2017 02:34 PM UTC

Hi Russ,

Regarding "I uninstalled the prior and current versions of SyncFusion Xamarin forms. Re-installed. Selected d:/sync3 as the samples folder and d:/syncinstall as the program install. Still got the same results"

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We had an issue in Xamarin platform setup and we have already fixed this issue in 2017 Vol 1 Service Pack 1 release v15.1.0.37. Please download and install the latest version 15.1.0.37 Xamarin setup from the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/downloads/15_1_0_37  

Regarding "As for the JDK I have the latest. 64 bit, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_122 I need the 64 bit for other controls. Does SyncFusion work with 64 bit JDK?"

Yes. Syncfusion controls work with 64 bit jdk.

Regarding "Can you please send a link to the zip of the samples with references working so I can simply unzip to a folder near the root?"

Please download the sample from the following location.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/129105/ze/ChartGettingStarted1238205510

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

RF Russ Fustino March 2, 2017 10:11 PM UTC

Thanks. Getting there! I now can successfully install product and samples to desired locations. However, I am still getting the error when attempting to compile the Android project... when pointing my JDK to the latest download  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_112  (note the error is pointing to C:\Program Files (x86) - weird)

Can't read [C:\Program Files (x86)\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\MonoAndroid\v7.0\mono.android.jar] (Can't process class [android/app/ActivityTracker.class] (Unsupported class version number [52.0] (maximum 51.0, Java 1.7))) SampleBrowser.Droid_2015 D:\sync3\15.1.0.37\Xamarin\sample\Forms\SampleBrowser\SampleBrowser.Droid\CREATEMULTIDEXMAINDEXCLASSLIST  

You earlier said I needed the latest JDK to resolve this and the screen shot you provided which was for the 32 bit JDK at C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_55

However, I am still getting the error I am using  C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_55 . Please advise.

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team March 3, 2017 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Russ,

You might be using an outdated version of Progaurd. So, we request you to update the progaurd version. You can download the latest version from the following link and copy the contents of the zip to the below location

Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/proguard/files/proguard/

Kindly refer the below xamarin forum for more details.

Forum : https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/76798/compiler-issue-with-targetsdkversion-24-and-jdk-1-8

Regards,
Saravana Pandian M.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon