We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to deactivated the fact that grid recycle cells ?

Hi,

I would like deactivated recycle cell feature of the SfDataGrid.

The properties available doesn't seem have effect.

Regards,

5 Replies

SR Sivakumar R Syncfusion Team February 28, 2017 03:52 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas, 

It is possible to turn off recycling of edit element by overriding its renderer. But it is not possible to deactivate recycling of display elements in DataGrid. Can you please let us know the requirement you are trying achieve or why you want to deactivate cell recycling, so that we can provide appropriate solution to meet your requirement.  

Thanks, 
Sivakumar 

NI Nicolas March 1, 2017 09:56 PM UTC

I have a sfdatagrid.
In this sfdatagrid I would like to use sfNumericUpdown component directly, because I would like to disply "+" and "-" button withtout taht user touch or click the cell to pass on edit mode.
So this button should be available all the time.

If I do this, some events are triggered randomly on a sfnumericupdown which is not displayed or which is just disappeared.
We suspected the recycle celle feature to cause this issue.

So, we need to deactivte it.

(A workaround should be use a sfnumericupdown column of the sfdatagrid, but we need this specific column in editable mode for all lines to see and to user directly "+" and "-" button).

Have you a solution ?

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team March 3, 2017 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Nicolas, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked your query. If you want to display the SfNumericUpDown column as  “+” and “-“ button while loading the grid, you can load numeric up down in GridTemplateColumn.CellTemplate. Could you please refer the below code snippet,  

Code Snippet: 

<syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn MappingName="OrderScore.StepValue" > 
    <syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn.CellTemplate> 
        <DataTemplate> 
            <editors:SfNumericUpDown syncfusion:FocusManagerHelper.FocusedElement="True" 
                                DataContext="{Binding}" Maximum="500" Minimum="0"> 
            </editors:SfNumericUpDown> 
        </DataTemplate> 
    </syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn.CellTemplate> 
</syncfusion:GridTemplateColumn> 

Regarding this query, we have already discussed with the below forum link, 

You can load the different control while loading the grid in template column, you can use GridTemplateColumn.CellTemplateSelector. In GridTemplateColumn.CellTemplateSelector, when you are scrolling every time the control will be new reinitialize. In the attached sample, we have loaded the SfNumericUpDown control. Could you refer the below attached sample, 

Please let us know if you have any query. 

Regards, 
Muthukumar K 

NI Nicolas March 3, 2017 01:28 PM UTC

Thanks,

During our test, we met an issue with this option :-> "AllowRecycle".
Is it not the issue that Djoolean met too, is it ?
The way that you recycle cells trigered some events on sfnumericupdown  didn't display.

I already open a topic about alloxRecylce and how to totally desactivted it.

Djoolean seems to meet same issue and find same workaround, but the workaround to sfnumericupdown column is not possible for us, because if you want to edit a cell, keypad disappears and appears again each time you select a new cell. The screen jumps again and again :).

Regards,

MK Muthukumar Kalyanasundaram Syncfusion Team March 6, 2017 11:24 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas 

We have analyzed your query and we have created a support incident to track the status of this forum has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates  

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Regards,  
Muthukumar K.   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon