We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Extended Ribbon Buttons

Hi,

Is it possible to extend/overload the RibbonButton to allow for a custom size form so that I can display a button image which is 3 times wider than "Large" but still have it collapse back to the smaller sizes if there isn't enough screen space?

Thanks,

Adam 

5 Replies

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team February 24, 2017 08:35 AM UTC

Hi Adam, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

The size for the Ribbon button image in Large SizeForm is 32x32 and it will not enlarge beyond this size. We have restricted the image size by comparing with the Outlook and also to arrange the item in same order while collapsing the Ribbon control. So we cannot overload the RibbonButton with wider image. 

Regards, 
Vinothini 

AJ Adam Jones February 24, 2017 08:41 PM UTC

Thanks for your answer, however that doesn't really help

After some experimenting I have found that I can duplicate the styling used by the RibbonButton (in generic.baml) and change only the width value of the PART_Image in the template in order to have the appearance desired.

While this works for me, it is a little messy, so If its not too much trouble, it would be helpful if you could simply expose the width of the image in the RibbonButton.SizeForm trigger as a property ( e.g. LargeImageWidth) instead of having it hard coded - obviously with a default of 32.  I can fully appreciate that this not required by Microsoft for Outlook, however it would make your ribbon a little more flexible and at least make 1 person happy  :)

Best Regards,

Adam

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team February 27, 2017 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Adam, 

At present there is no support for customizing the image width when the SizeForm is set to Large and we consider it as a feature request.   

Please review the following description of the feature and let us know if it confirms to your requirement:   

Customization support for Image Width in RIbbonButton 
·        Need to set the Image width using a property, for example LargeImageWidth 
·        Property default value is 32 and this value should be applied only when SizeForm is Large. 

If our definition of this feature is different from your requirement then share the specific details, so that we can work towards fulfilling your requirements. 

Regards,   
Vinothini.R   

AJ Adam Jones February 27, 2017 12:33 PM UTC

Sounds perfect thank you.

VI Vinothini Syncfusion Team February 28, 2017 08:44 AM UTC

Hi Adam, 

Thank you for your update. 

We have considered the “Customization support for Image Width in RibbonButton as a feature request and it will available in any of our upcoming releases. 

Regards, 
Vinothini.R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon