We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Overview of the diagram from the database

Hi,

I have a diagram builder sample from which I create and save different diagrams to the database(As nodes and their properties). I am able to retrieve and add those nodes to a DiagramBuilder. However, I want to show all the diagrams having a certain ID on one page using overview functionality. I have attached a sample picture.

In the samples of overview, the object of OverviewProperties class is taking sourceID which is the ID of the diagram itself. But in my scenario, I have one diagram builder and nodes are added dynamically which are saved as different diagrams.

Please let me know if there is a workaround solution to get multiple diagrams(with respective nodes) to show as grids of overview divs.

Thank you.

Regards,

Indrani

Attachment: overview_29cf71d4.zip

5 Replies

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team February 23, 2017 04:06 PM UTC

Hi Indrani, 

Before looking into your requirement, please confirm us whether you have been creating three different diagram and save those data into the database. Also retrieve the same data and display it into the different overview. If we misunderstood your requirement, please provide us more details such as explain your requirement in detail or demonstrate it with video. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

IG indrani Gajjarapu February 23, 2017 04:57 PM UTC

Hi Shyam,

I have attached 4 pictures.

Plan1, Plan2 - Creating diagrams and saving their nodes of diagram into the database.
GetPlan1, GetPlan2 - Retrieving saved nodes from the database and adding them to the diagram builder. 

The idea is that the user can create any number of plans he wants. Let say, User created 5 plans of which 3 plans belong to Group1 and 2 belong to Group2.

I have vertical tabs of all the Groups available. On Click, The tab content should get the respective plan Overviews as shown in the paint file.

Hope the requirement is clear

Attachment: Plan_Overview_ccaed2cc.zip

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team February 24, 2017 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Indrani, 

We have created a sample to achieve your requirement and it is available in the below link for download. 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

IG indrani Gajjarapu February 24, 2017 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Shyam,

I am able to display the diagram overview along with the diagram builder itself.

But I only want a small overview to be displayed without the actual diagram.

Thank you.

Regards,

Indrani

SG Shyam G Syncfusion Team February 27, 2017 12:41 PM UTC

Hi Indrani, 

An overview will not be rendered without rendering the diagram. If you want to display the overview alone, then you can hide the diagram after rendering it. please refer to the code example. 

Code example: 
<div style="float:left;visibility:hidden"> 
        @Html.EJ().Diagram("Diagram", ViewData["diagramModel"] as Syncfusion.JavaScript.DataVisualization.Models.DiagramProperties) 
    </div> 

Here is the sample for your reference 

Regards, 
Shyam G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon