We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sfDatagrid performance on many items

Hi,

I havent looked deep into this myself but I would like to know if possible, how the items are binded on sfDataGrid? Lets assume that I have 500 items and I want to display them with their images.
That makes it a heavy binding maybe, Would you advise me to bind all 500 items at once or do paging or loadmore logic? Because as I can see from my debugging you only create cells for those displayed on the screen. So if my screen displays 5 items, only 5 cells are created. when I scroll down, others are dynamically created which is expected behavior. 
What is your opinion on this? any performance, usage tips, I appreciate?

thanks,

Emil

1 Reply

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team February 23, 2017 07:00 PM UTC

Hi Emil, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query, our SfDataGrid loading performance will be high only when we load the 500 records. If you have one or two columns is Image column and remaining columns types is int, double, string etc. But if you have many columns is image columns, Paging concept have good performance because in our paging we have load the records when we navigate to the corresponding page. If we use Loadmore, this will be have the same performance like normal record loading once loaded all records. So we request you to use paging while having many columns is image column, otherwise use normal record loading concept. 

Regards, 
Ashok 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon