We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Crash when trying to preview a pdf loaded through a PdfLoadedDocument

I'm trying to preview a pdf loaded with a PdfLoadedDocument. The complet task should be, load a pdf template, fill the form and preview the pdf. When I try to add the pdf stream to the viewer I get the following crash "Java.IO.IoException: cannot create document. Error 3". 

The simplified code is as follows:

using (Stream fileStream = typeof(App).GetTypeInfo().Assembly.GetManifestResourceStream("MySolution.Template.pdf"))
            {
                var pdfLoadedDocument = new PdfLoadedDocument(fileStream, true);

using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream())
                {
                    pdfLoadedDocument.Save(stream);
                    pdfLoadedDocument.Close(true);

pdfViewerControl.LoadDocument(stream);
                }
            }

1 Reply

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team February 23, 2017 06:40 AM UTC

Hi Marc, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

In order to resolve the exception “Java.IO.IoException: cannot create document. Error 3” , we need to reset the memory stream position to 0 before loading it into SfPdfViewer. Please find the code snippet below which is used to resolve the exception: 

Code Snippet: 

using (Stream fileStream = typeof(App).GetTypeInfo().Assembly.GetManifestResourceStream(files[0])) 
{ 
var pdfLoadedDocument = new PdfLoadedDocument(fileStream, true); 

using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream()) 
{ 
pdfLoadedDocument.Save(stream); 
pdfLoadedDocument.Close(true); 
stream.Position = 0; 
pdfViewerControl.LoadDocument(stream); 
} 
} 

We have also attached simple sample for your reference in the below link to get rid of this exception: 

Please try this and let us know whether it resolved the issue at your end. 

Regards, 
Sathish 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon