We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Changing Monthview cell HasAnAppointment Color

Hey,

I wonder how can I change the color of the stripe (Android) and dot (iOS) when there is a appointment at a certain date? I want to change the color from the generic blue to a other color. Same goes for the dot color inside the MonthInline.

The should be doable now with the new OnMonthInlineLoaded and MonthCellLoaded events.

Thanks in advance!

Luuk

8 Replies

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team February 22, 2017 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Luke, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

As of now, we don’t have direct support to Change the Default style/Color of Month Appointment Rendering in SfSchedule Xamarin (Android & iOS). So, we have considered this “Change the Default style/Color of Month Appointment Rendering” as a feature request and it will be implement in any of our upcoming release. 

But this requirement can be achieved by using Month cell customization and month inline appointment customization available in SfSchedule Xamarin Forms. Please refer the User Guide below. 

User Guide:  

Please let us know, if you would require any further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Nijamudeen M. 

LU Luuk February 23, 2017 02:30 PM UTC

Hey,

That's unfortunate I used to be able to change the color of the dots in the monthview by overriding the Color property of the ScheduleAppointment. 

http://imgur.com/a/nokoC

LU Luuk February 23, 2017 02:35 PM UTC

Hey,

That's unfortunate I used to be able to change the color of the dots in the monthview by overriding the Color property of the ScheduleAppointment. The link render now .

I will use the new OnAppointmentLoaded for now but I do hope you will enable it by default some day in the future :)!

Cheers and thanks!

Luuk

NM Nijamudeen Mohamed Sulaiman Syncfusion Team February 24, 2017 05:37 AM UTC

Hi Luke,

We can change the inline appointment indicator color (dots mentioned in the image) by setting Color property of ScheduleAppointment in SfSchedule Xamarin Forms (Android). Please refer the following code example and Sample image screenshot for this.

C#:
CustomData meeting = new CustomData();
meeting.From = new DateTime(date.Year, date.Month, date.Day, hour, 00);
meeting.To = (meeting.From.AddHours(1));
meeting.EventName = currentDayMeetings[appointmentIndex];
meeting.color = color_collection[appointmentIndex];

DataMapping: 

dataMapping = new ScheduleAppointmentMapping();
dataMapping.SubjectMapping = "EventName";
dataMapping.StartTimeMapping = "From";
dataMapping.EndTimeMapping = "To";
dataMapping.ColorMapping = "color";
schedule.AppointmentMapping = dataMapping;
meetings = customDataViewModel.ListOfMeeting;
schedule.DataSource = meetings;

Sample Screenshot: MonthInlineAppointment_Color

Sample Path: Xamarin/sample/Forms/SampleBrowser/ => Schedule/GettingStarted 

If the above provided solution doesn’t meet your requirement, could you please revert us back with more information such as Xamarin Version, Android Device configurations along with simple issue reproducing sample (if possible)? So, that we can analyze on your requirement further and provide you a possible solution.

Query #2;

As mentioned in the previous update “Change the Default style/Color of Month Appointment Rendering” will be implement in any our upcoming releases. We appreciate your patience until then.

Regards,
Nijamudeen M.

LU Luuk February 24, 2017 11:57 AM UTC

Hey your solution works :) thanks!

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team February 27, 2017 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Luuk,

Thank you for the update. We are happy that the given solution has met your requirement, please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 

Subburaj Pandian V 

EM Emil June 2, 2017 11:26 PM UTC

month cell customization changes entire cell but I would like to change only this blue stripe. if I change entire cell, I am losing day number and i need to customize it myself, it causes an ugly implementation. Beside that I want to have different color for different type of appointments in month view. how can this be achieved?

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 5, 2017 10:15 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

As of now, the mentioned support for customizing MonthView appointment indicator (blue notation) in Schedule Xamarin Forms, your requirement is only to display indicator color based on appointments or else you to customize the indicator as well. Could you please elaborate your requirement in detail along with screenshot (if possible), it will be helpful for us to analyze on it and implement the same in future releases. 

Regards,    
Subburaj Pandian V. 

SIGN IN To post a reply.
Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon