We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridGroupingControl and combo

Hi All
I need to have a combo box or GridListControl in the GridGroupingControl and when this combo or GridListControl change the value I need to change the value of a particular cell
How is possibile to achieve this ?

How is possible to have autocomplete combo int gridGroupingControl ?

Thank you for your support

Franco

1 Reply

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team February 20, 2017 06:45 AM UTC

Hi Franco, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

Query 
Response 

I need to have a combo box or GridListControl in the GridGroupingControl and when this combo or GridListControl change the value I need to change the value of a particular cell 
How is possibile to achieve this ? 

We have analyzed your reported scenario and created the simple sample. In order to change the cell value of particular cell when changing the value of combobox, TableControlCurrentCellCloseDropDown event can be used. In that event , the cell value can be changed by using Record.SetValue method. Please make use of the below code, 

Code example: 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControlCurrentCellCloseDropDown += new GridTableControlPopupClosedEventHandler(gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellCloseDropDown); 
void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlCurrentCellCloseDropDown(object sender, GridTableControlPopupClosedEventArgs e) 
    GridCurrentCell cc = e.TableControl.CurrentCell; 
    GridTableCellStyleInfo style = e.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(cc.RowIndex, cc.ColIndex); 
    if (style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.Kind == Syncfusion.Grouping.DisplayElementKind.Record) 
    { 
        Record record = style.TableCellIdentity.DisplayElement.GetRecord(); 
        object selectedValue = cc.Renderer.ControlText; 
        record.SetValue("SampleData", selectedValue); 
    } 

How is possible to have autocomplete combo int gridGroupingControl ? 
The AutoComplete mode is used to complete the corresponding value if exists  when user start typing in ComboBox.  

this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Description"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.CellType = "ComboBox"
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Description"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DataSource = dt; 
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Description"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.ValueMember = "ID"
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Description"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.DisplayMember = "Value"
this.gridGroupingControl1.TableDescriptor.Columns["Description"].Appearance.AnyRecordFieldCell.AutoCompleteInEditMode = Syncfusion.Windows.Forms.Grid.GridComboSelectionOptions.AutoComplete; 

UG Document: 

Sample link: 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon