We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Treeview Drag and Drop

I am using 2.0.3.0. I have looked at and attempted to adapt the TreeViewAdvDragDrop example to drag and drop multiple nodes at one time. In general it works. I have a problem. If I drag say 4 selected nodes to the middle of the 4 selected nodes I get unusual results. How do I detect if I am dragging onto the already selected nodes? Is there an example of dragging multiple nodes around the control?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 15, 2004 05:15 PM UTC

Hi Doug, You could modify the existing TreeviewAdvDragDrop sample to handle multiple drag-drop of multiple nodes, by placing the following code segment within the TreeViewAdv''s DragOver event handler : // To prevent drag-dropping on itself if(this.treeViewAdv1.SelectedNodes.Contains(destinationNode)) { e.Effect = DragDropEffects.None; this.treeViewDragHighlightTracker.ClearHighlightNode(); } The modified sample containing the above workaround is attached here. Please refer to it and let me know if you have any questions. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

DF Doug Finke April 16, 2004 11:29 AM UTC

Thanks. I see the code. I wasn''t able to run the example. We still use 1.0. It be great if the example handled the full range of drag drop for multiple nodes and a single node. Including selecting adjacent and non-adjacent nodes.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team April 16, 2004 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Doug, Thanks for the update. This sample was created using our latest release, Essential Suite v2.0.3.0. Please contact our Sales_team if you wish to receive v2.0. The modified code should meet your above specifications. Please refer to the sample and let me know if it does not. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Guru Patwal Syncfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon