We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Get a column's index in a MouseUp event, not a MouseDown ()

Hello all, I have a winform with two DataGrid, my goal is to drag a column's name of the first DataGrid and drop it in a cell of the second DataGrid. To do that I use HitTestInfo: System.Windows.Forms.DataGrid.HitTestInfo myHitTest; myHitTest = dataGrid1.HitTest(e.X,e.Y); int p=myHitTest.Column; When I click on the first datagrid, this code run and give me the column's index (p), the problem is when I drop it in the second DataGrid, I'd like to know the target column's index. With the same code p=-1, I think because the HitTestInfo member return a value on a MouseDown and not on a MouseUp. If anyone can tell me how to do it, it would be very great P.S: I saw the FAQ solution "How can I get text from a column header in a MouseUp event" . http://www.syncfusion.com/faq/winforms/search/696.asp but it doesn't run, so tell me if I have to try again with this code. Thanks for your help

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon