We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

installing DocIO

Having just downloaded and installed the lastest version of the community edition I'm struggling to install and use the DocIO control.

It does not show in the Toolbox and when I try to add it by search .NET Components there are multiple versions present. After choosing them
and trying programatically to define the control I get an error that there is an ambigious reference (sorry I was unable to copy/paste the
error from VS2015). I'm using .NET 4.5.1.

Can you provide some assistance in installing the control and from the documentation it seems like I should be able to drop it onto the Form. There
is a DocIOConfigure item but this does not create the control visible on the Form but appears like a dialog box control or timer and appears "below" the actual Form.

Thanks very much in advance.

1 Reply

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team February 8, 2017 04:25 PM UTC

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Recommended approach:
Below mentioned approaches are recommended to install and work with Essential DocIO.
1. Assembly reference:
You should refer Required Assemblies in your application to work with DocIO. If you have installed the build in your machine, you can refer assemblies using below ways.
     a. GAC reference: You can find precompiled assemblies under the following folder and   you can refer these assemblies using AddReferences in your application.
$system drive:\ Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \precompiledassemblies\$Version#\4.5.1
Eg : $system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.4.0.20\precompiledassemblies\14.4.0.20\4.5.1
     b. Extensions reference: You can refer assemblies from your Visual Studio 2015 itself. Please refer the following screen shot for how to refer from extensions.

2. NuGet reference:
You can refer NuGet packages in your application to work with Essential DocIO. Please refer our UG link to know more about how to configure the NuGet packages in Visual Studio.

Alternative approach:
DocIO is Non-UI component and “DocIOConfig” is an alternative approach to refer Essential DocIO assemblies. We have stopped DocIOConfig from our development, so this is not recommended approach to refer assemblies.

Please refer our UG link to know more about overview of DocIO and functionalities to work.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Sethumanikkam.Y

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon