We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

StackOverflowException

Hello! I am trying to write lister-plugin for total commander, but when I add gridcontrol to my control I have this message: "an unhandled exception of type 'System.Stackoverflowexception' occur in syncfuion.grid.windows.dll". I realized, that it happens in CreateHadle function.
Any suggestion?
BTW: I am using version 14.1.0.41. Control is creating in different appdomain.
Thank you.

6 Replies

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team February 8, 2017 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have analyzed your reported scenario and we are little bit unclear with your scenario. The StackOverFlow exception will be occurred when the grid cellstyles are accessed based on index methods in QueryCellStyleInfo event and TableControlPrepareViewStyleInfo events in your sample project. Could you please provide the following details, 

·         Please ensure whether you are accessing the cellStyles by its indexes as in below code. If so, please remove that code. 
            void gridGroupingControl1_TableControlPrepareViewStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableControlPrepareViewStyleInfoEventArgs e) 
            { 
               var obj = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(e.Inner.RowIndex, e.Inner.ColIndex); 
            } 

void gridGroupingControl1_QueryCellStyleInfo(object sender, GridTableCellStyleInfoEventArgs e) 
           { 
              var style = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableModel[e.TableCellIdentity.RowIndex, e.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex]; 
              //or 
              var obj = this.gridGroupingControl1.TableControl.GetTableViewStyleInfo(e.TableCellIdentity.RowIndex, e.TableCellIdentity.ColIndex); 
           } 

·         Please provide us with the screenshots of your sample project code , if still that exception exists in your application and provide the details of your control that you are used to have grid control in it. 

It would be more helpful for us to provide the exact solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

PE Peter February 13, 2017 06:15 AM UTC

Hello! Thank you for your answer, but it is not the case! I tried the latest version and now I get exception even earlier - while creating the control.
P.S. You need a Total commander to test my project

Attachment: TCPluginDll_98965c8a.rar

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team February 14, 2017 02:16 PM UTC

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have analyzed your sample and tried to reproduce the issue in the attached sample. Unfortunately we could not able to reproduce the issue and please refer to the attached video. Could you please provide us with the below details, 

·         Please provide the details of SyncfusionEssential build version that you are using in sample project. 
·         Please ensure whether the your procedure is same as in attached video. 
·         Provide the details of adding/using  the TotalCommander plug-in the sample application. 
·         Provide the StackTrace of the reported exception

These would be more helpful for us to provide the exact solution at the earliest. 

Video link: 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj

PE Peter February 22, 2017 11:19 AM UTC

Hello! Thank you for your answer! Here is my project and information about adding plugin to total commander as well.
Best regards, Peter

Attachment: TC_65f2024a.rar

PE Peter February 22, 2017 11:21 AM UTC

Sorry, I could not attach 2 files, so here is total commander information

Attachment: TCdotNetInterface1.3_e71f46ac.zip

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team February 23, 2017 01:50 PM UTC

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have checked your sample code, it seems that the Syncfusion controls are not used in those samples and modified the path location of “WrapperBuilder.exe” from “clr4” folder as per the given document, but we could not able to execute the samples. Please provide the following details,   

·         The stack trace of the exception
·         Details of Syncfusion controls which you have used in your project. 
·         Confirm us the platform details (i.e WindowsForms or WPF). 
·         A simple video of your sample execution. 
·         Modify those samples with your customization

The above would  help us to analyze this issue and to provide the solution at the earliest. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon