We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Xamarin.Forms SfCarousel Not Rendering (and no errors) in UWP

Greetings,

I'm using VS2017 RC Professional with latest Xamarin.Forms and SyncFusion Xamarin.Forms libraries, followed the instructions here: https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfcarousel/getting-started 

The carousel appears fine in Droid and iOS but does not show up (and no errors appear) when I run locally on UWP (target ver Windows 10 Anniversary Edition (10.0, build 14393).

Is there a compatibility issue?

3 Replies

RK Rathana Kumar Sekar Syncfusion Team February 6, 2017 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side and we have prepared the sample to demonstrate "How to work with SfCarousel(Xamarin.forms.UWP)" using VisualStudio 2017 RC Professional. Please find the sample from below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/128671/ze/App8-1894524450 

If you are still facing any issues, please provide us the issue reproducing sample and the control being rendered in that application so that we can analyze further and help you in resolving your issue.

Regards,
Rathanakumar S

MZ Mark Zhukovsky February 18, 2017 03:47 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I believe I have found the issue and can now explain it easily such that you could reproduce on your end. In the carousel's ItemTemplate I was returning a ContentView with a Frame (such that I could apply shadow and other aesthetic effects around the graphic) containing an image. This worked 100% well on iOS and Droid, but caused nothing at all to appear in UWP. If I return ONLY the image, then it works on UWP. 

RG Rajkumar Ganesamoorthy Syncfusion Team February 20, 2017 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Mark,
Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We are able to reproduce the reported issue "Itemtemplate is not working in SfCarousel". A support incident to track the status of the issue has been created under your account.  Please log on to our support website to check for further updates. 

Regards,
Rajkumar G 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon