We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SFPullToRefresh produces blank view / fails to show my content

Alessandro Del Sole said: "Both the latter example and the code shown in the documentation produce a blank result for me."

I'm getting a completely blank screen as well regardless of what type of content I add to the PullableContent property. I've set a background color for SFPullToRefresh and can verify that it does indeed get added to the view properly. It just doesn't display my content. 

Furthermore, if I pull to refresh on that blank view nothing happens. I figured I'd at least see the spinner and the events would fire, but they dont.

In my opinion this is a broken component. One should simply need to install the DLL's (which I've done correctly) and wrap any type of content in SFPullToRefresh.

9 Replies

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team February 3, 2017 10:58 AM UTC

Hi Brad,

Query 1: "latter example produce a blank result for me"

The sample which you have referred for PullToRefresh is contains only iOS project. Now we have created the sample in both Android and iOS platforms. Please find the sample from below location.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/PullToRefreshSample-836446834

Query 2: "code shown in the documentation produce a blank result"

Can you check whether the required assemblies are added in android project like below link.

https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfpulltorefresh/getting-started#reference-essential-studio-components-in-your-solution

Getting Started with syncfusion SfPullToRefresh control for Xamarin.Forms

help.syncfusion.com

We had added the necessary dll's in the above sample.

Regards,
Ashwin k

MS Madhav Shenoy March 20, 2017 06:38 AM UTC

I agree with Brad. Even the example you provided didnt work for me. I'm currently using James Montemagno's pulltorefreshlayout https://github.com/jamesmontemagno/Xamarin.Forms-PullToRefreshLayout

VP Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran Syncfusion Team March 22, 2017 03:37 AM UTC

Hi Madhav,

Thanks for the update. With the latest version of Syncfusion nugets for the SfPullToRefresh control, there has been some issues in rendering the control and c
urrently the SfPullToRefresh control is undergoing a major stability revamp to provide the best possible end user experience and hence it is our responsibility to let you know that you are bound to face few more hurdles and limitations in the SfPullToRefresh control until then. So unfortunately you may have to wait till the last week of April 2017 for our 2017 Volume 2 Main Release, where you can expect your issues to be resolved. 

We appreciate your patience until then 

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

AA Ali AlKhamis replied to Vimal Prabhu Manohkaran April 10, 2018 10:47 AM UTC

Hi Madhav,

Thanks for the update. With the latest version of Syncfusion nugets for the SfPullToRefresh control, there has been some issues in rendering the control and c
urrently the SfPullToRefresh control is undergoing a major stability revamp to provide the best possible end user experience and hence it is our responsibility to let you know that you are bound to face few more hurdles and limitations in the SfPullToRefresh control until then. So unfortunately you may have to wait till the last week of April 2017 for our 2017 Volume 2 Main Release, where you can expect your issues to be resolved. 

We appreciate your patience until then 

We regret the inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Vimal Prabhu

I am still facing the same issue. Blank , nothing is there in the page that I added the pull to refresh over the list view that was showing before.

<StackLayout HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand">
            <pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh x:Name="pulltorefresh"
                                           TransitionMode="SlideOnTop"
                                           PullingThreshold="100"
                                           RefreshContentHeight="30"
                                           RefreshContentThreshold="40"
                                           RefreshContentWidth="30">
            <pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh.Behaviors>
                <behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior EventName="Refreshing" Command="{Binding RefreshingCommand}" >behaviors:EventToCommandBehavior>
            pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh.Behaviors>

<pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh.PullableContent>                    
                <Label Text="Hello" />
             pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh.PullableContent>
        pullToRefresh:SfPullToRefresh>

AA Ali AlKhamis April 10, 2018 12:34 PM UTC

Do you mean 2018?

SK Suriya Kalidoss Syncfusion Team April 11, 2018 12:00 PM UTC

Hi Ali Alkhamis, 

We had checked your query. SfPullToRefresh control can be loaded inside any layout such as GridLayout, StackLayout etc. If your requirement is to make the SfPullToRefresh load inside a StackLayout, then you have to set the Horizontal and VerticalOptions of the SfPullToRefresh and its parent to “LayoutOption.FillAndExpand” based on the orientation of the container in which SfPullToRefresh is loaded. 
The VerticalOptions and HorizontalOptions of SfPullToRefresh are set as “Fill and Expand”. Refer the following code example to load the SfPulltoRefresh control inside a StackLayout. 

Code logics: 
<syncfusion:SfPullToRefresh x:Name="pullToRefresh" 
                                    IsRefreshing="False" VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand" HorizontalOptions="FillAndExpand" 
                                    TransitionMode="SlideOnTop"  
                                    ProgressBackgroundColor="#00AFF9" 
                                    ProgressStrokeWidth="10"  
                                    ProgressStrokeColor="White" 
                                      PullingThreshold="100" 
                                           RefreshContentHeight="30" 
                                           RefreshContentThreshold="40" 
                                           RefreshContentWidth="30"> 

We have attached working sample for your reference and you can download it from the below link.  

Regards, 
Suriya K 

AA Ali AlKhamis April 17, 2018 11:19 AM UTC

Thanks for replying. I actually didn't get any notification that your replied to me. 

I will try it right now and update you with the news.

Best Regards,
Ali

AA Ali AlKhamis April 18, 2018 06:29 AM UTC

It worked fine. Many thanks.

SK Suriya Kalidoss Syncfusion Team April 18, 2018 12:22 PM UTC

Hi Ali, 

We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. Please let us know if you require further assistance 

Regards, 

Suriya K 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon