We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Strange Cascading DropDownList

Hello again, dear Syncfusion. I cant understand what i do wrong. Take a look please.
I have Cascading DDL`s and Trend on the same page. I choose some rows and try to build a trend. But after reload page i cant choose rows on 2nd dropdownlist. Only after reloading all page.
Help me please. I do not want reload my page after every trend-building.

Link to my project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/duqdtx5p56y7mmh/Holod_r_1_syncfusion.7z?dl=0

BEFORE building:
BEFORE

AFTER building:

12 Replies

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team February 1, 2017 09:35 AM UTC

Hi Ilya,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

We tried to download the sample you had attached in the dropbox, but we were not able to download it. It would help us to provide a solution if you could share your project in Syncfusion server while updating the forum. From the information you shared, we suspect that while cascading to second dropdown there is no data in the second dropdown. Hence it gets disabled.   

Regards,   
Prince   

IL Ilya February 1, 2017 10:10 AM UTC

Cant load project in to forum, but it is more than 30MB. Attached it to my Gdisk: project

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2RgdnBQvJGfWE5uazdYYWZNX0E

IL Ilya February 1, 2017 06:17 PM UTC

And one more question, please. I tried using Listbox instead DropDownLists and after drawing trend i loose selected index of Listbox. How can i save states of my elements after drawing? For example if i choose row number 3, and i want then it will be selected 3 after redrawing. Where can i set this?

PO Prince Oliver Syncfusion Team February 2, 2017 05:00 PM UTC

Hi Ilya,  

Thanks for the update.  

Query: “How can i save states of my elements after drawing? For example if i choose row number 3, and i want then it will be selected 3 after redrawing. Where can i set this?”  
To maintain state of selected Item in listbox we suggest to use “EnablePersistence” property is set to true.  

Please refer to our online documentation for EnablePersistence API reference.  
We can’t replicate the issue in this scenario “How can i save states of my elements after drawing? For example if i choose row number 3, and i want then it will be selected 3 after redrawing. Where can i set this?”  in your sample.   
Can you please provide the issue reproduced sample to us to replicate the issue that will helpful to provide appropriate solution?  

For Dropdownlist related queries, we have created a new incident under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

Regards,  
Prince.  

IL Ilya February 3, 2017 10:31 AM UTC

Can you please provide the issue reproduced sample to us to replicate the issue that will helpful to provide appropriate solution?  

Sure. I made an example for you and attached. On page are: button "btn_fill_chart_simple" and Listbox "lbSensors". I set EnablePersistence="true", when i redraw, page is reloading and i loose shoosed row in ListBox.

Before:

AFTER:

Trend_Export.aspx
           <asp:Button ID="btn_fill_chart_simple" runat="server" OnClick="btn_fill_chart_Click" Text="Redraw chart" />
 <ej:ListBox ID="lbSensors" runat="server" PopupHeight="200px" DataGroupBy="category" EnablePersistence="true" AllowMultiSelection="false" >  </ej:ListBox>

Trend_Export.aspx.cs

List<StepAreaChartData> data = new List<StepAreaChartData>();

data.Add(new StepAreaChartData(2000, 416));

data.Add(new StepAreaChartData(2011, 509));

//Binding Datasource to Chart

this.Chart1.DataSource = data;

this.Chart1.DataBind();

//Binding DataSource to Chart

this.Chart1.DataSource = data;

this.Chart1.DataBind();

Attachment: Loosing_selected_row_in_ListBox_a212db8.7z

RJ Rekha J Syncfusion Team February 6, 2017 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

Thanks for the update. 

We were able to reproduce the problem and have logged defect report regarding this. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Regards, 

Rekha. 

IL Ilya February 27, 2017 01:00 PM UTC

Sorry for missing. Couldn`t check it before.

Today i tested 15.1.0.33 update. It still works wrong. For example i select 2-nd row and draw chart. After redrawing of page my ListBox is with selected 3-rd row. 3-rd goes to 4-th, 4-th to 5th...

Tested it in project, wich i pin before.

BEFORE:

Before

AFTER:
After

RJ Rekha J Syncfusion Team February 28, 2017 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

Thanks for the update.  

The reported issue “When listbox grouping enabled, selected item id not maintained after reloading the page” fix will be included in our upcoming volume1 SP1 2017 release.   

Regards, 

Rekha. 

IL Ilya February 28, 2017 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Rekha!

When it will be released? And how i can update my project with this ServicePack?

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team March 1, 2017 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2017 Volume 1 Service Pack 1 Release v15.1.0.37 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards             
Ezhil S 

IL Ilya March 1, 2017 10:38 AM UTC

Hi Ezhil!

Ye! Now it works fine. Thank you and your team.

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team March 2, 2017 09:45 AM UTC

Hi Ilya, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad the issue has been resolved. 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Ezhil S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon