We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Inc annotation not flattened

Hi,

I try to flatten an Inc annotation in a PDF document but it won't flatten. The same with a popup annotation. Is this a bug or not implemented in the current release?

I'm using version v14.4.0.15

Cheers,
Bert

7 Replies

BN Bhuvaneswari Nagarajan Syncfusion Team January 31, 2017 12:19 PM UTC

Hi Bert,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products,

1. We do have support for flattening ink annotation in the PDF document. We have created a sample to demonstrate this, please get the sample from the below link,
2. At present, we don’t have support to flatten popup annotation. we have already logged the feature request in our database, and we will let you know once we implemented this feature. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Bhuvaneswari N.

BE BertvN January 31, 2017 12:53 PM UTC

It seems to be working in the WindowsForms application but not in an UWP appliction. CAn that be the thing?

I added these lines in the demo project "Syncfusion.SampleBrowser.UWP.Pdf" in the AnnotationFlatten.xaml.cs and there it won't flatten. 

See attachment :)

List<float> linePoints = new List<float> { 40, 300, 60, 100, 40, 50, 40, 300 };
            //Creates a new ink annotation
            RectangleF rectangle = new RectangleF(0, 0, 300, 400);
            PdfInkAnnotation inkAnnotation = new PdfInkAnnotation(rectangle, linePoints);
            inkAnnotation.Color = new PdfColor(System.Drawing.Color.FromArgb(255, 255, 0, 0));

Attachment: Pdf_6857024.zip

BN Bhuvaneswari Nagarajan Syncfusion Team February 1, 2017 11:20 AM UTC

Hi Bert,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused,

At present, we don’t have support for flattening Ink annotation in UWP platform. We have logged a feature request in our database, and we will let you know once we have implemented this feature. 

Regards,
Bhuvaneswari N.

BE BertvN February 1, 2017 03:29 PM UTC

Ok, is it something that will be fixed in the coming release? For us it's a show stopper that this doesn't work.

Cheers,
Bert

BN Bhuvaneswari Nagarajan Syncfusion Team February 2, 2017 12:38 PM UTC

Hi Bert,

We do not have any immediate plans to implement the flattening support for Ink and Popup annotation in UWP platform. We will let you know once we have implemented this feature.

Regards,
Bhuvaneswari N.

ED EDM Digital January 26, 2022 11:23 AM UTC

Hi,
I know this post is 5 years old, but I can't flatten popup annotations with version 16.4460.0.42 of Syncfusion.PDF.Base. When I call the 'flatten' code and save to disk, the annotations are still present.
Is there a fix for this in a more recent version please ?

GK Gowthamraj Kumar Syncfusion Team January 29, 2022 08:58 AM UTC

Hi EDM,

We suspect that the reported issue occurs due to input document specific. We request you to share the input document, output document, platform details, simple sample with replication steps to reproduce the issue on our end. So that it will be helpful for us to analyze and provide solution.

Regards, 
Gowthamraj K   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon