We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error trying to use SfKanbar on IOS and iPad

I het this error when trying to run on IOS iPad...
Cannot construct an instance of the type 'Xamarin.Forms.Platform.iOS.ViewRenderer`2' from Objective-C because the type is generic.
The same app runs fine on a physical iPhone device but not a physical iPad?
Any ideas.
It stops on new SfKanBanRenderer(); in AppDelegate Finished Launching

4 Replies

JA Jason January 29, 2017 11:53 PM UTC

Just tested in simulator in iPad mode it works fine, just not on physical device

LR Lakshmi Radha Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 30, 2017 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Jason,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue at our end and we have prepared a sample for this. Please update the modified sample to reproduce the issue which will be helpful for us to provide a solution.

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/128566/ze/KanbanSample-1673075194
Note : Kindly provide your current iPad and OS version to serve you better.

Regards,
Lakshmi R.

JA Jason January 31, 2017 07:18 PM UTC

OK thank you, I don't know exactly what happened, I closed Xamarin Studio, reopened, cleaned the project again (I had already done this) rebuilt and the app started working on iPad, so I guess just one of those Xamarin .NET things. This has happened to me in the past with VS2015 where a project started playing up and required all packages to be removed and re-added to fix it.

All good now, thank you, and great control

PN Preethi Nesakkan Gnanadurai Syncfusion Team February 1, 2017 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Jason,  

We are glad to know your problem has been solved. Please let us know if you need further assistances on this. 

Regards,  
Preethi 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon