We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

High Memory Usage

Hello,

I have installed version 14.4.0.15 along with the 14.4.0.20 service pack.  I am creating an application for displaying sensory information taken from my RPi, this application contains a few pages to navigate between.  However, I am noticing my application memory usage keeps going up each time I navigate back to the page having the SfCircularGauge coded on it.  So I keep toggling between a blank page and the SfCircularGauge coded page, what do you know the memory keeps going up each time rendering the SfCircularGauge coded page.  Eventually rendering becomes very slow and then the application crashes.  So I created a sample application to ensure that I am not doing one of my usual stupidity and same problem.  Note:  I am running these applications on my laptop with windows 10 and VS2017 RC.

I have attached a zip my sample application.

Question(s):
How do I go about freeing up the memory usage of the SfCircularGauge control?

Attachment: Sample_1e9ef71e.zip

3 Replies

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team January 23, 2017 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Kirklyn, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have analyzed the memory usage get increases, while navigating to/from SfCircularGauge page. SfCircularGauge memory usage can be reduced by using SfCircularGauge Dispose method while unloading the corresponding SfCircularGauge page, which is used to release the unmanaged resources in SfCircularGauge.  

Based on that we have modified the given sample to release the gauge memory usage and please find the sample from below link. 

Sample Link: GaugeDispose 

Regards, 
Jeyasri M. 

KK Kirklyn Kerr January 25, 2017 12:07 AM UTC

Thanks, for the response. Following your example, I am now seeing a consistent memory usage switching to and from the page having the SfCircularGauge control.

JM Jeyasri M Syncfusion Team January 25, 2017 09:24 AM UTC

Hi Kirklyn, 

We glad to know that the given solution works for you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jeyasri M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon