We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

QueryRowDraggingEventArgs RowData isnot the Dragged row

• RowData – Returns the underlying data associated with the dragged row.
I cannot agree this statement, It returns the row dropped on it. For example, if I am dragging row 3 on the position of 1, it returns row 1 for me on Android and UWP emulator, not row 3

3 Replies

EM Emil January 19, 2017 09:14 PM UTC

In addition to problem above, I found 2 more problem for row dragging 
-  when I use the code defined here with the title "How to reorder the underlying data?" this code is not working for 2 reasons
 1) collection.Insert(e.To - 1, e.RowData); this line is wrong for the reason above. I fix that in the attached sample project.
 2) Although my fix is working, you can watch the collection object changes which looks fine, UI will not be updated correctly.

Please see the attached project. I tested on UWP emulator and Android device.

Attachment: XamarinForms_5d56b4c.7z

EM Emil January 19, 2017 09:17 PM UTC

I forgot to mention, I dont implement QueryRowDragging  event, UI is updated, problem 2 doesnt appear at all. you can test it by commenting out line below in the project
  dataGrid.QueryRowDragging += SfGrid_QueryRowDragging;

DS Divakar Subramaniam Syncfusion Team January 20, 2017 09:32 AM UTC

Hi Emil, 

We have considered your requirement as an enhancement and we are currently working on it.  

A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates    

Regards, 
Divakar. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon