We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Custom display of Appointment

Hello,
I have a new problem: I want to display the appointment in the grid of scheduleControl, adding text from a new extra field I created.
I tried to implement this in the event "ParseDisplayItem" of scheduleControl, trying to modify the e.format property and the e.formattedText property.
Maybe this event is fired BEFORE the rendering and not AFTER? I just want to put some extra text in the rendered text.

Thank You.
Dario.

1 Reply

AR Amal Raj U Syncfusion Team January 16, 2017 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Dario, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion products. 

As you have updated, display text of the appointments can be customized through ParseDisplayItem event. But since as the customization in the event has to be notified, the e.Handled must be enabled and also the event must be subscribed before initializing appointment providers to the ScheduleControl. Please make use of the below code, 

Code Example 
//Event subscription. 
this.scheduleControl1.ParseDisplayItem += new ParseDisplayItemEventHandler(scheduleControl1_ParseDisplayItem); 

void scheduleControl1_ParseDisplayItem(object sender, ParseDisplayItemEventArgs e) 
    e.FormattedText = string.Format("{0} ", e.Item.Subject); 
    e.FormattedText += "Custom Text"
    //Handled must be true to change the formatted text. 
    e.Handled = true; 

Sample Link 

Please let us know, if we have misunderstood your query. 

Regards, 
Amal Raj U. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon