We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Zoom X and Y separatly

Hi there,

I am using Syncfusion Chart with Line series and it works great(in Xamarin project). It displays numeric value for Y axis and Date time for X axis.
Now my client want to zoom X and Y separatly. I know that zoom mode supports XY, X, Y mode but my client want to pinch vertically only for Y and when want to zoom X then pinch horizontally.

Thanks
Khasan

9 Replies

KH khasan January 17, 2017 01:31 PM UTC

Hi there, any updates for this case. My client just want pinch vertically to zoom Y axis and horizontally to oom X axis, is it possible?

Thanks in advance

JC Jaikrishna Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team January 18, 2017 01:24 PM UTC

Hi Khasan, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support. 

We have prepared a sample based on your requirement and it can be downloaded from the below location 

Please lets us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jaikrishna C 

KH khasan January 18, 2017 05:32 PM UTC

Hi Jaikrishna,

Thanks for response. The attached sample just demostrate default zoom function which zoom in both direction X and Y. My question was - Can I zoom only Y and at the same time X. So for example when pinch vertically it should zoom in/out Y axis only and when pinch horizontally it should zoom in/out X axis only.

thanks
Khasan

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team January 19, 2017 01:20 PM UTC

Hi khasan,

We have attached a video clip to showcase the requirement which can be downloaded from the below location.

Video : http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/128317/ze/Video-137031076  

Note: If your requirement is different from this, please update us with more details which will be helpful to assist you.

Thanks,
Saravana Pandian M.

KH khasan January 19, 2017 04:51 PM UTC

Thanks Saravana Pandian, Yes your video demo shows what I am trying to implement. I am seeing the code and I guess this is not possible for DateTime axis(only works with Category Axis) am I right? Because when I try with Datetime axis both axis are zoomed in/out no matter how I pinch horizontally or vertically

Thanks
Khasan

KH khasan replied to khasan January 19, 2017 05:13 PM UTC

Thanks Saravana Pandian, Yes your video demo shows what I am trying to implement. I am seeing the code and I guess this is not possible for DateTime axis(only works with Category Axis) am I right? Because when I try with Datetime axis both axis are zoomed in/out no matter how I pinch horizontally or vertically

Thanks
Khasan

Hi Saravana Pandian, Please ignore my previous message.

Sorry, I have took a look to sample project again and found the code that I needed in Android project but I see there is nothing for iOS. I will try to implement renderer for ios based on your code, so this case\thread can be closed

Thanks a lot for your work
Khasan

PN Preethi Nesakkan Gnanadurai Syncfusion Team January 20, 2017 06:37 AM UTC

Hi Khasan,  

Thanks for the update. 

Regards,  
Preethi 

MI Michal September 11, 2018 09:40 PM UTC

Hi is it still working with newest Syncfussion version? 

I downloaded your demo and it works perfectly,
 but when I triy to implement it with newest libraries 16+ it looks that IOnTouchListener is never invoked,
Control.Touch is invoked but after adding ChartZoomPanBehavior to Chart this event is also blocked, so there is no way to repeat this behaviour.

MP Michael Prabhu M Syncfusion Team September 14, 2018 10:51 AM UTC

Hi Michal, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back at this, the previous sample in this forum is targeting lower version of our controls, from which we have evolved so much. Please find the modified sample from the below link. 

Sample: 128317 

Thanks, 
Michael  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon