We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Hierarchy-based SfDataGrid

Hi, 

I want to create a hierarchy-based SfDataGrid and I think it's possible but I can't see how to do it.

The idea is similar to the grouping sample but a bit different.

The main differences between the data grid I want and the samples are:
  1. I want more than one level (at least three) of hierarchy.
    So I should be able to expand one item of the first level, then it should show below the items inside it (second level items).
    Then this second level items should be also expandable with the same way.

2. There are no group header rows, the only thing is that each row corresponds to one determined level.
    The data structure (columns) for each row is the same, not as the samples which has no columns.

3. The text formatting style (font size, font colour, etc) has to be different depending on the level.

4. When all the items in all the levels are expanded, the data grid appearance has to be quite similar to a normal grid:
    A list of rows with a value for each column. Of course, each one with the proper text formatting style.

In order to clarify my idea you can think about a data grid intended to show sales-related data (total sales, market share, growth, etc):
-You will have a row with the national data. Then, below this one you will have one row for each province. Finally, below each of these rows you will have one row for each municipality below the proper province row.
-Each level will be able to be expanded or collapsed. For example you can collapse all by collapsing the national row. Then you can expand this one to show only the data of each province. Finally you can expand any province row to view the data from each municipality inside this province.

I think that's all. 
I can provide any other information that will help you to clarify me how I can reproduce this kind of grid.

Thanks a lot,
Joan

5 Replies

HN Harikrishnan N Syncfusion Team January 13, 2017 08:05 AM UTC

Hi Joan Lopez,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

We have considered your requirement as a feature request. A support incident to track the status of this feature has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,
Harikrishnan

JL Joan Lopez January 13, 2017 08:31 AM UTC

Thanks a lot for your support :)

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team January 16, 2017 09:39 AM UTC

Hi Joan, 

Thanks for your update. Please let us know if you requirement further assistance on this. 

Regards,
Ashok 

VR Victor Rafael Bocanegra Arias November 9, 2019 11:15 AM UTC

Hello, some news about this requests?

KK Karthikraja Kalaimani Syncfusion Team November 11, 2019 09:17 AM UTC

Hi Joan,

Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. We have added this feature request to our database.  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented.  

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Regards, 
Karthik Raja 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon