We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

SfAccordion for Xamarin.Forms?

Hi @all!

I just wanted to ask if there is a possibility to get a Xamarin.Forms Version of the SfAccordion control?
That would be awesome!

Currently we port our UWP App to Xamarin.Forms, and in our existing UWP App we use the SfAccordion control to display 4 items in the Accordion control.
Each item has a ListView in it, and we set the SelectionMode to OneOrZero -> so only one ListView will be shown or none.
That works great, and it would be cool to have something similar for our Xamarin.Forms app.

Greetings
Thomas

PS: I didn´t know if it´s correct to post something like this in the Forum. Sorry if i was wrong.

11 Replies

SP Saravana Pandian Murugan Syncfusion Team January 13, 2017 03:50 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have forwarded to the concerned team and we will update you with more details on Monday.

Thanks,
Saravana Pandian M.

TK Thomas Klocker March 31, 2017 07:34 AM UTC

Hi Saravana Pandian!

Long time ago, did you hear anything about plans to implement the Accordion control for Xamarin Forms?

Greetings
Thomas

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team April 3, 2017 11:42 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

We are sorry for the delay in responding to your mail.

Currently, we do not have "SfAccordion support in Xamarin.Forms”. We have considered your requirement as a feature request and have logged a report for the same. This control implementation in Xamarin.Forms will be available in one of our upcoming releases.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

SA Stefaan Avonds November 22, 2017 02:45 PM UTC

Hi

Any progress in the SfAccordion for Xamarin.Forms?

Thanks!

SK Selva Kumar  Veerakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 27, 2017 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Stefaan,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

Currently we don't have immediate plans to add SfAccordion control in Xamarin.Forms platform. It will be available in any of our upcoming release based on our priority list.

Regards,
Selva Kumar V.

MB Michael Brown April 28, 2018 12:05 PM UTC

I agree.  This is a VERY common way to manage content, especially on devices with less view area aka phones.  This would absolutely draw more customers to Syncfusions Xamarin forms suite.  I know for one I use all their controls and this has been the ONE control that is not offered in any enterprise way anywhere.  Certainly takes the time away from having to build one and use that time for more important business logic, etc.

SG Sivaram Ganesan Syncfusion Team April 30, 2018 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Stefaan,   

Currently we do not have support for Accordion control. But by using SfListView can achieve the accordion view requirement like expanding and collapsing the view using the “IsVisible” property of the grid in the ItemTemplate of SfListView, refer the code snippets below,

<listView:SfListView x:Name="listView" AutoFitMode="Height" SelectionMode="None"   
                                 BackgroundColor="#d3d3d3" ItemsSource="{Binding ContactsInfo}" ItemSpacing="10,10,10,10">  
        <listView:SfListView.ItemTemplate>  
           <DataTemplate>  
             <ViewCell>  
               <ViewCell.View>  
                 <Grid>  
                 </Grid>  
                  <Grid IsVisible="{Binding IsVisible, Mode=TwoWay}">  
                   </Grid>  
                </ViewCell.View>  
              </ViewCell>  
           </DataTemplate>  
</listView:SfListView.ItemTemplate>  

You can download the sample from the below link.   

Regards,
Sivaram G

MS Marzie Sangtarash September 30, 2018 09:29 AM UTC

Hi
I prepared a sample by SfListView for making a Accordion List view  only by 
Createing group for every item in items source it means only one line code .
let's check the sample 

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team October 1, 2018 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Marzie,  

Thanks for Contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We have checked your sample “SfListView for making a Accordion List view” from our end. You can use this sample for simplified accordion listview where you can show the limited items in GroupHeader as GroupHeaderItem gets GroupResult as the binding context. If you want to show the details that are not in the group result other than Key, Count and items then its complex to write code to show the details. If it is ItemTemplate then you can show all the available properties from your model object.

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

MO mohamed December 2, 2019 07:50 PM UTC

Hi All,

is there is any update about releasing SfAccordion control soon  for Xamarin Forms ?

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team December 3, 2019 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Mohamed, 

We would like to inform that we have SfAccordion control supporting Xamarin Forms and we have explained about this control in our documentation. Kindly refer our documentation for further reference from below. 

Please let us know if have any further queries.  

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon