We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CLR20r3 error

Hi

I develop my WPF application with Syncfusion components. It works well.

But when I try to run my WPF application in other PC (for testing), I get an unhanded error “CLR20r3”.

At first I think that I coped not all of the files, then I think that is bed install .NET Framework. I tried different ways (carefully check the reference list and files, check system, reinstall .NET) but this did not solve the problem.

I just understand then an except is throw in the main window constructor, in “InitializeComponent();” function.

Then, I try to create simple WPF application (.NET 4.6) without Syncfusion components and run it in my “test PC”. It works!

After that, I add to main wpf windows two Syncfusion components – PropertyGrid and SfChart. Added four syncfusion’s WPF assembly (PropGrid, SfChart, Shared, Tools) to reference list. When I try to run app in my “test PC” then throw exception “CLR20r3”.

It means that:

- .NET Framework – installed and worked well;

- for SF components need some adding files (other SF or .NET assembly)

Next, I use Process Monitor application and catch file system activity for my application. But nothing understand. It’s crazy big data )))

I find error log file (Report.wer, in attach) with detail error info.

Why can throw this exception?

Maybe lacking some syncfusion assembles?

How to deploy application with syncfusion components?

My configuration:

- Developer PC – Windows 8.1, Syncfusion ES 14.4.0.15, Visual studio 2015 Upd 3

- Testing PC – Intel Atom E3815, Windows 7 Pro x64 v6.1.7601 SP1, .NET – 4.6.2 (NDP462-KB3151800-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe)

attachment:

- Folder "Test" - two simple app, "with" and "without" SF components, bin files

- Folder "WpfApplication1" - solution a simple WpfApp (with SF components)

- file Report.wer.txt - CLR20r3 error detail

- file WpfAppDirLog.txt - list of wpf app files

- file winDirLog.txt - list of all files in Windows directory (test PC)

- file Logfile_WPFApp1.PML - Process Monitor log file with WpfApplication1.exe file system activity

Attachment: WPF_CLR20r3_error_4fe18dc6.7z

5 Replies

MS Mariappan S Syncfusion Team January 13, 2017 11:14 AM UTC

Hi Dmitry, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support 

We have created deploy application through bin folder of sample. Could you please run the below deploy application in your testing machine and confirm us whether this application running in your testing machine or not? 

Please download the sample with deploy application from the following link. 

Sample link:Test_Sample

Regards, 
Mariappan S. 

DM Dmitry January 13, 2017 01:06 PM UTC

It works!!!

KJ Keerthana Jegannathan Syncfusion Team January 16, 2017 04:07 AM UTC

Hi Dmitry, 

Thank you for your update. 

Please let us know if you need further assistance on this. 

Regards, 
Keerthana J 

DM Dmitry January 16, 2017 01:12 PM UTC

I compared your and my example. In this case, my mistake was that I changed framework version 4.5 - 4.6 before test, and the visual studio did not change the version for the some SF libraries. In the project “WpfApplication1” (.NET 4.6) were SF library 4.5 and 4.6 versions. This was the reason for exception SLR20r3.

Next, I checked my application for this error. It had no such errors. But an exception is also called SLR20r3.

Then I made a copy of the project, and began to remove the functionality and try to run on the test computer, step by step. Over time I found the reason for the SLR20r3 exception.

I do not know why, but the reason was the XAML code with absolute link (

[code]    <Shared: ChromelessWindow.Resources>

<ResourceDictionary>

<ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>

<ResourceDictionary Source = "m:\....\WindowStyleResourceDictionary.xaml" />

</ResourceDictionary.MergedDictionaries>

</ ResourceDictionary>

</shared:ChromelessWindow.Resources>[/code]

PB Priyanga Balasubramaniam Syncfusion Team January 17, 2017 11:18 AM UTC

Hi Dmitry,

Thank you for the update.

Yes, you are right. If we use absolute path for ResourceDictionary in the sample, when we run the sample in another machine it will try to merge ResourceDictionary from that absolute path. If the path is not available in that machine it throws this error.

To avoid the error, please use relative path instead of absolute path.

We have prepared simple sample using relative path for ResourceDictionary source. Please download the sample from the below location.

Sample:WpfApplication

Regards,
Priyanga B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon