We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Missing MessageBoxAdv Control

I have installed Winforms controls v14.4.0.20 to VS 2010 Express with no problems except for missing the MessageBoxAdv control from the toolbox. All others are loaded and I can code a MessageBoxAdv just fine, I just don't have it in the toolbox. Also when I select "Choose Items" from the toolbox, it's not there to choose from.

3 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team January 11, 2017 04:42 PM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

A MessageBoxAdv is a predefined dialog box that displays application-related information to the user. It also used to request information from the user. MessageBoxAdv is not a component, so the MessageBoxAdv is not loaded in the Toolbox. To use this , we need to use code this in the following way by using the class Name. 

MessageBoxAdv.Show("Message"); 

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

DA DanH January 11, 2017 05:26 PM UTC

Thanks for replying to such a stupid question.  I shouldn't post at 5AM.  For some reason I could have sworn I saw a toolbox icon the first time I installed your great controls.  Sorry for wasting your time.

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team January 12, 2017 05:04 AM UTC

Hi Dan,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support,

Feel free to contact us, we always happy to assist you.

Regards,
Vijayalakshmi V.R.

Loader.
Up arrow icon